General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Do you have a budget in mind? How about distance/flight time?

Mark :D
mark, not really got a budget in mind, dont really want to go crazy, probably £400 pp? but no restrictions on flying either?!
ps- thankyou for the speedy reply!!
sarah x
What about Italy maybe Sorrento or any one of the resorts on the Amalfi Coast, you could relax and shop, he could visit Pompeii. What about the South of France, loads of resorts and endless ancient sites and cultural things to see. The Costa del Sol in Spain has some lovely beaches and will not be so crowded in September, you could hire a car or take tours to Seville, Granada etc. Or go further northeast in Spain and stay near Barcelona.
Cyprus gets my vote.

Good weather in September, lots of history and places to visit, very easy driving there so you could hire a car and visit all the sites and see an awful lot of the island in the process. Great food and great people and only a 4/5 hour flight time from the UK.

Friends of ours asked the same question some time ago and plumped for Paphos, they went last month and had a great time. They went for 2 weeks and visited many historical sites in their hire car and then to break the fortnight up they booked a 3 night stay in the East of the island, they enjoyed the change of scenery and visited lots of sites on the drive there and back and enjoyed the beaches too, along with seeing Nicosia, Larnaca and Famagusta.
Turkey is good in September and, depending on where you decide to stay, lots of places of interest to visit. We go in September and the weather is lovely - not too hot , comfortable for visiting sites etc.

Enjoy wherever you decide to go.
Tunisia might be another idea to think about - the weather would be good in September, you'll get a good deal for that sort of budget and there are Roman and Carthaginian sites a plenty to visit as well some of the locations where 'Life of Brian' and 'Star Wars' were filmed.

SM
thank you all so much, you've been really helpful, i will let you know where we end up!!
sarah
We were at Lake Garda in Sept last year, the weather was glorious, the scenery breathtaking and there was so much to do we could have done with another 2 weeks on top of our 2. Venice is within travelling distance and awesome.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.