Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
help needed
8 Posts
Are you departing the second hotel on the 7th, ie your last night's stay would be the 6th? If so, can you not change the booking to arrival on the 30th for 7 nights?

luci :wave
cant you just book an extra night in the hotel you will be staying at.
all the hotels in the area are used to people checking in late, as they are well aware of flight times.
failing that, use alpharooms or findmeaccom to look for alternatives.
i'm sure you could get a hotel room near gerona airport as an alternative.
thanks for your replys.what it was i did a diy holiday which i have not done before and with arriving to the hotel just after midnight i thought with the 24 hour clock after midnight it would become the 1st of july so i booked for the 1st till the 7th,and the company i booked with emailed me and said i should of booked for the 30th of june as the check ins are from midday to midday.so i asked them could the do that but they say that the hotel says they cannot take reservations for the 30th of june personally i cant see why they cant let us in the room 12 hours early as come midday we can check in so it will be empty awaiting us anyhow and im willing to pay extra for the room so we can go straight in it when we arrive so now we dont know where to go for 12 hours.
i cant see why they cant let us in the room 12 hours early as come midday we can check in so it will be empty awaiting us anyhow

there will be someone else in that room on the night of the 30th june, who do not have to check out until 10am. your booking conditions will show that the earliest check-in for your 1st july booking will be say midday, so it will not be empty waiting for you.
as i see it your options now are
get your agent to try and change your booking to include the night of the 30th
get your agent to find you 1 nights accommodation near your original hotel, or a hotel near the airport
depending on the time of your arrival at gerona just stay in the airport till the busses start running in the morning and then have breakfast in the resort and then check in to your hotel at midday.
I'm actually surprised that check in is at midday. It's normally 2 or 3pm. This is to allow the rooms to be cleaned between checkout at 10am and checkin at 2pm.

luci :wave
hi;rang the agents today but they were shut so i shall try again tomorrow just to say thankyou very much for your kind replys norma.
hello folks just to let you know my agents have booked us into somewhere for the 30th of june untill the 1st of july so im so glad its sorted thanks once again norma :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.