Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Maxsmum.
I have absolutely no idea, but if you want to take me with you and buy me a few honey bees I would be very grateful. :rofl
Danny
Can you email the apartment owners to send a conformation e mail for you
with an address for recidancy in goa
pat :wave:
you could also book in a hotel for one night and get a confirmation e mail
hope these ideas are helpfull
Pat :wave:
Reserve a room at the Panjim Marriott online, print, then cancel reservation. Worked for me before.
I seem to remember I arrived in a similar situation at the UK airport a few years ago. I got to the check-in desk and got sent back to the airline desk who printed me off a letter to state I had a night's dormhouse acommodation available to me. That was fine. Can you ring the airline and check what they suggest?
Who are you flying with maxsmum ? Seems over the last few seasons, only Monarch have been asking for accomodation vouchers, and then again it only seems to be at Manchester where they were asking.
This has to be one of the dumbest things happening to people who want to go off for a decent break. Is it to do with Indian policy or is it just boarding planes in the Uk ?
We have all filled in the visa apps - had them accepted stating where we are going to be staying (even though you can move on wherever you wish), so what is the big deal with this ? - bought and paid for a ticket, have accomodation..
Hope others can throw in some comments if they have been asked to produce the voucher this season.
Spike.
P.S If you have some decent software, create your own letterhead - we did 3 years ago as back-up to the travel voucher we were given. We have also always been given a dorm-house voucher for all flight only bookings.
I don't think it is anything to do with Indian policy spike. I have boarded many flights to Goa from Frankfurt and Munich, with the German airline Condor, and have never been asked for proof of accomodation, they always make sure you have a valid visa though. So I think it must be a UK/Monarch thing.
x lassi
Morning all...Thanks a million for your many replies. :bow ..got loads of ideas now and one way or another we will be on the beach for the sunset on the 15th if anyone wants to join us for that bottle you are more than welcome we will be at Bistro shack at Baga,[ hopefully its still there ].
:sun2 .......Yes we are flying with Monarch from Manchester .
To all who are returning to Goa relax and enjoy.To those who are thinking of going...Give it a try ,you may come to love it :wave: ....Liz
Hi Maxsmum - Agree that it's a stupid requirement and it may just be a Monarch thing but last time we went they specifically asked for the voucher at check-in.
I'd ask the agent you booked with to send one or as a last resort, print one off yourself, using hotel details from this site!
Is there nothing on the ticket itself ? we went flight only Monarch last year and I am sure there was something in with the tickets.
MANY thanks for all suggestions ..Dial a flight now agree I should have been sent accomodation vouchers ,apparently the aircompany is Olympic who are chartering to Monarch .Supposed to be getting the vouchers by the end of the week...watch this space :tup ...Liz
Hi everyone who was so helpfull...just got home from work and the accomodation vouchr has arrived :wave: No apology or anything just put in an envelope...from where Im not too sure but at least its here...Maybe this could be a warning to others going to Goa ....if not going on a package and are flying :fly from Manchester get one of these to save any hassle at the airport with check in.....To everyone MANY THANKS and have a fantastic holiday...Liz [only 17 sleeps] :yipee
Glad all is sorted Liz - hope you have a great hol :)
i've never heard of that, i've been going for years on a flight only and rent just a room when I'm there, doing the same in march.
Thomson were asking for proof of accommodation on their flight from East Midlands recently. As we didn't have any, they printed out our return tickets at the help desk so that "Goa Explorer" appeared on them.

It seems there was a glitch in Tomson's ticketing procedure at some point and some flight only tickets were sent out without the magic words. I'd not noticed - the original receipt from the travel agent did have "Goa Explorer" on it as I remember.
Steve
although this is an old thread, it's worth knowing that some airlines at some airports are still asking for proof of accommodation.

We flew Monarch from Manchester a few years ago (November) and someone (not sure if it was a Monarch person or the ground handling agent) was striding up and down the check-in queue yelling that unless people had proof of accommodation they would be refused boarding.

I found this very strange as we flew Monarch from Gatwick the February after and there was no mention at all about the requirement for proof of accommodation.
I did email Monarch customer services to ask about the discrepancy between airports but didn't get a reply.
Speaking to a lot of people about this over the last few years and it did only seem to be Monarch at Manchester - and nowhere else that were asking for proof of accomodation.
Anyone had problems this season so far ?
I was concerned about this this year as it's the first time we've ever done a DIY.

I rang Thomas Cook airlines and asked them if we would need proof of accommodation I told them we had an e-mail from where we were staying and would that be OK. They said it would not be required and we wouldn't be asked for it. I was happy with that.

When our tickets came there was a voucher with them for the Dormhouse in Mapusa. It said "It is vital you carry this voucher with you when travelling to comply with regulations at the arrival airport" :que
Hi

Just booked a flight only with Thomson last night online for this Monday 29th March and noticed that the email and confirmation does not mention accommondation (Goa explorer or Dormhouse voucher). I'm really worried about this as we will not receive any tickets through the post as it's a last minute deal so I rang Thomsons to find out if I needed any proof of accommodation and the guy I spoke to said no. He didn't sound so sure so I'm not convinced he is right. Has anyone else experienced this? Please help

Tracy :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.