Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
hemera
34 Posts
Hi Nyle

he wont be happy about that!! he will have to change into shorts after the meal, hehe. us ladies dont have that problem!! Have a great time when you go in July, and let us all know what its like.

julie
Hi jewl
to be honest we were there in january,but having said that the weather
was quite nice. i tend to wear 3/4 style thingys...and jeans....to be honest i think long would be best....more so they may help with the mozzies,even though i dont get bit very often...hope this helps...Gavin 8)
Hi all!

Due to fly out to Side tomorrow for 2 weeks at the Hemera. Unfortunately my wife has broken a small bone in her foot so its going to be rather awkward, so can anyone tell me if there are many steps in the Hemera? also are all the bars and restaurants self-service? We are insured but absolutely desparate to go! Really don't want the hassle of fighting with insurers if we can help it. Never been AI in turkey prior to this so we are guessing there is no waiter service in the hotel, although we hope we are wrong about that, anyone enlighten us!

Alistair
Hi
This question was one that we needed info on when we went to the hemera several years ago, I had injured my leg in a fall and had had a plaster cast on prior to travel and was having physio when we travelled. I had requested a low floor but still had to cope with the many steps has the hotel had no lifts, good news for you is that during the new refurbishment I have read that they installed a lift.
They did not have waiter service for drinks at the bars but this may have changed but I know I would not cancel if I was you, the hotel was superb then and looks fantastic now. Have you seen the pictures on the updated Barut Hotels web site?? We stayed last year at the Barut Lara a sister hotel and it was wonderful and we are returning next easter,they did have the waiter service but it is 5 star but the Hemera is aiming to get to be 5 star I read.
Have a lovely time, your wife might as well be laid up in the luxury of an hotel than at home.
Did you seek medical advise on travelling because if you were advised not to go then it may affect your insurance cover??

Turkey all inclusives are in our opinion the best by far for value for money.
Hello Violet126,

We did seek medical advice and were told that although very painful and restrictive it may not be sufficiently dibilatating to make it impossible for her to travel. As for the accomodation, my understanding is that guests with Thomas Cook are given rooms outwith the main block?? so we were wondering about external steps around the complex as far as I know there have been 3 lifts installed in the main block?To be honest, I myself am visually impaired so probably can't help much in the way of going up to the bar and so on, however my wife is confident we will manage somehow, thanks for your response!

Alistair and Helen
Hi!

Anyone know where the nearest cirus atm is to the Hemera? Just in case of emergencys!LOL!

Thanks

alistair
Nyle,the hotel had lifts installed during the refurbishment last winter,and the room we were in was in the main block.(Thomas Cook)I think all rooms are in the main hotel and the apartments are in another building.The bars and restaurants were self service apart from the al-a-carte ones.The staff were excellent and I am sure due to your wives circumstances they would be willing to help.There are waiters in the dinning area who serve the drinks.
Hi Jay Trip

Thanks for the reply, we guessed it would be self-service however the good news is that Helen is nearly back on 2 legs!So getting a few Efes might not be as big a disaster as I first thought!LOL!Mind you, if I was desparate enough I would have gotten the long cane out and found the bar myself! (don't think the management would be too happy though!LOL!) had to do it once in the Efes Inn in icmeler, there was much consternation!LOL! We fly out tonight at 9.45,just about to order the taxi, did you use a atm whilst there?I know there used to be a bank to the left of the Golden fizz so that might be an option if we have to, thanks for the response!

Alistair and Helen
Hi all!

Returned from the Hemera on Sunday evening,we had a relaxing time in a very good hotel, will do a review later although don't know what to add as many reviews say the same thing, that is that it is simply a excellent hotel!If anyone is going shortly I would say the only thing to beware of is the on-site shop, 16 YTL for 2 small bars of chocolate and a bag of crisps!We were quite surprised to say the least!LOL! Overall? thumbs up to the Hemera and its staff!

Alistair and Helen
Hi

I have thought about this hotel and the only question I have is the food quality. I saw in the portland brochure previous guests only gave a rating of 78% fpr food.
Hi!

Only 78 per-cent?LOL! I would have thought that this would have amounted to a recommendation!The Hemera is 4 star, the staff 5 star! It is also a very international hotel, we met guests from Russia, Ucrain, Belgium, France, Germany, Holland and Italy never mind a good number of UK guests so the food had to be varied. We never left the buffet restaurant hungry!LOL!In fact according to the girth of my stomach I don't think we left it at all! LOL!If I had one disappointment it would be the quality of the international restaurant which we had to book, might have been us but we thought the meal poor. Spoke to lots of fellow guests and did NOT hear 1 complaint about the food the whole fortnight we were there. Beer was good to!LOL!

Alistair
I am used to a menu that suits all tastes and never expect british food when away and would be disappoint if the was mainly british taste. I always go to hotel that has many other nationalities staying and shun only british guest hotels.
What is the sea like, does the beach shelf gently or steeply into the sea. And if somebody went before the refurb and after how much of a improvement has the refurb made.

What imported drinks are available.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.