Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Mandii

here is the website address

http://baruthotels.com

Click onto English, then away you go! Contact info is under "information" for the hotel you click onto.

Hope this helps. :)
Thanks for that Kingfisher, it seems they dont take direct bookings during peak season. It was worth a try!
Thanks again for your help.
hi all does anyone know wether the refurb is on time at the hemera . ive been on the website and emailed them but no answer as yet ,just wondered if anyone on the site lived anywhere near it or are visiting shortly

thanx dave :P :P :P
Yes, I hope they hurry up as well, then we can use the Arum again!
Yes I would like to find out too, just booked up for a week in May, never been before, also first time in Turkey too.

Gull
Hello, we went to the hemera about 7 years ago and we loved it, I was looking for a weeks holiday for next xmas to turkey, which we love to go to. I got a good price for the hemera and was doing the research bit when I found out about the refurbishments. We went to the barut lara last easter one in thier chain of hotels and this was superb. ( we have already booked for easter 2008 to go back there) Anyhow I e-mailed the hemera twice this morning and have had two replies today. The hotel is opening at the end of march and all the rooms are having parquet laminate style flooring, the bathrooms are to be shower rooms and new balconies are being done. Also though the english was open to translation it appears that they are having 3 lifts.When we went I had an injury to my knee and the steps were a problem. Also waterslides are mentioned and a new restaurant and pattiserie. they have refurbished the lobby bar and extended this and it will be a 24 hour bar with some international drinks. sounds really good and the improvement will make it a great hotel. Hope you have a great time and hope this helps . We first went to turkey 8 years ago and go at least once a year, it is our favourite place and our son always says he feels like he as gone home!!We are going at Easter to the delphin palace in lara beach, another beautiful hotel, we viewed it last easter when we stayed at the barut lara so we are counting down to 1st april.
Regards
Hi Violet123

Thanks for the information on the Hemera Hotel, the alterations sounds really good, cannie wait to go. Will report back asap when we are back. Will try and get some good photos of the new renovations done.

Thanks again
Gull
hi gull

i emailed the hotel and have recieved this reply today so it all looks ok for them to be finished well in time

Thank you for your E mail.
Yes, as you know we have many changes at Hemera Hotel.
Refurbishment will be finish at the end of March.
We have arrivals on 30th of March , meaning Hemera will be open on that date.
We add elevators in 3 corners, all room catagories laminated parquette floors, shower insteade of bath, balconies with new chairs,tables also new designed.
Lobby Bar area extended and redesigned.
One more swimming pool, old one refurbished with the water slide in Garden area.
Welness & Spa facilities, Patisserie, one more a la carte restaurant.
etc.....
We wish you a happy 2007 and best regards
Reservation office
Hemera Hotel
Side/Turkey
Thanks very much davidstoncold for that information, so looks like it will all be done for the end of March, just need the temps to rise now but still got time, not sure what the temp will be the begining of May but hopefully hottish, I like the hot weather.

Gull
hi gull it was hot last year at the start of may thats why we booked again at the same time of year its not too hot in the 2 weeks we where their last year it rained for about half a day .which i suppose isnt bad. i cant wait i am ready for off .

dave
Hi Gull,

We were in Side in 2005 from 25th April till 9th May. If the weather is the same you will need a jumper in the evening maybe even long trousers during the day!LOL! There were a few days when they were definitely required!BRRRRRRR!Especially in the first week. We are off to the Hemera on the 8th July, and are looking forward to it! Were originally destined for Altinkum but had to change our plans, Hemera sounds great!

Alistair and Helen
Hi Alistair and Helen

Thanks for that, better take some long trousers and a jumper just incase nothing worse than being cold.
This is our first time in Turkey, hope the weather is not too bad, we went to Egypt in May last year and it was very hot.
Did you do any trips?

Gull
Hi Gull,

We arrived in Side late April and by the time we left it was warming up a wee bit!Jumper was definitely required in the evening but our trip may just have been one of those things where the weather was concerned, been to Altinkum in May and it was very warm indeed!You might be lucky!Sorry didn't do any trips from Side, however no shortage of things to see and do. Hope you enjoy your holiday, the Hemera is on a nice stretch of beach with a few bars and restaurants over the road. Quieter end of the resort, plenty of taxi and dolmus right outside the hotel door.

Alistair and Helen
Hi Alistair and Helen

Yeah just need to wait and see, hopefully we are lucky with the weather.
It is just a week to relax and do nothing much.

Gull
Hi Gull,

Just a thought? Have you checked out this discussion? it may provide some thoughts on what to do on holiday in Side.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=47213

Alistair and Helen
just over 2 weeks to go, cannie wait, it has been such a long wait. We are off to sunny side, had some good comments so far so should be good.

Gull
Hi I'm new to this forum

Were off to the hemera in August, would love to hear from anyone who has been or is going. I believe the hotel has had a facelift over the winter, but in the brochure its how it used to look.

thanks

jewl
hi jewl...welcome to h/t.
we went to the hemera some years ago and thought it was fantastic, so im sure the new improvment will make it even better. if you check out the hotel reviews for turkey there is a review posted by dave for may this year....have a great time......Gavin 8)
Hi Gavin

thanks for that ,I have read the reveiws and they are all really positive. Really looking forward to going, we have been to turkey before but not to Side. As you have been to the hemera before perhaps you can answer this for me, whats the dress code for the restaurant? my husband wants to know if he can wear chino type shorts or does he have to wear long pants? he's hoping for shorts!!!

thanks

jewl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.