Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi Mackers.

to answer your questions, you should find that at the start of july it is really warm and yes there is banana boats. and also jet ski's plus other excursions such as the jeep excursion up in the hills.
Hi Mackers,

Welcome to the board.

As Mondeo says, you should have warm/hot weather at the end of June/beginning of July. Last year, for the period 26th June to 10th July, the high temperatures for Burgas ranged from 26 to 30 degrees Celsius - which is usual for that time of year.

In 2007 (an unusually hot year - where many areas of Bulgaria suffered drought), for the same period, the range was from 25 to 40 degrees.

Baldur
Mackers

I havent stayed in Yavor Palace but know exactly where it is as we stayed very near there in Sun Palace. Its in a good central location.

The reviews are mixed but a neighbour stayed in this hotel and returned twice after that to Sunny Beach and chose to book there again (B&B) so I am sure it must be okay. You are surrounded by bars and restaurants and very near the beach.

Weatherwise we are usually in Bulgaria at the end of June into July and are always happy with the weather although we have had the very occasional thunderstorm, breaking away to glorious sunshine.
I too have booked Yavour palace for the 1st week of June, if we are back in time, I will give you a detailed report. Can we expect good weather in June?
Hi mcfester,
Can we expect good weather in June?

The high temperatures for Burgas from 1st to 8th June last year were from 20 to 21 degrees C, while for 2007 (an unusually hot year, as indicated in my previous post) they ranged from 23 to 27 degrees C.

In 2006, they ranged from 20 to 25 degrees C, so on average, you are likely to have temperatures in the low to mid 20s with, as morh said, the possibility of the occasional thunderstorm/rain.

You can find comprehensive weather history from 1997 for Burgas (which will be similar to Sunny Beach) here, just fill in your own dates.

Baldur
Thanks Baldur, it sounds hotter than UK for time of year, so we will be happy!
Cheers people for the info. i heard theres pickpockets. does it happen often over there?
Personally I havent had the misfortune to have been targeted by pickpockets but I have heard a few stories about other peoples experiences. Just remember in all tourist resorts there will be "dodgy" characters but Bulgaria isnt any worse than any other country. Best to be vigilant though especially if you are going round crowded market areas or travelling on local buses.

Many years ago in Golden Sands I had an experience of my own. After breakfast I very carelessly left my handbag behind with quite a lot of money and the safety deposit key in it. It was a few hours later before I missed it and my husband ran back to the hotel to be met by the young waitress clutching my bag. Would you believe a few days later I done the very same thing
and thought I am not going to be lucky twice. I was though, with the very same waitress who was grinning when we gave her a very very generous tip. Most Bulgarians I have met have been extremely honest but you will meet the odd few dodgy ones!
Hi Mackers,

There are pickpocketing groups which target the resort areas, especially markets and buses as morh said, but this happens in many countries (including the UK).

Unfortunately, many people tend to leave their brain on holiday, while they enjoy themselves and therefore are easy prey for pickpockets. Take the same sort of precautions that you would in any location with lots of people around - no wallet in back trouser pocket, easily accessible purse in handbag, etc., etc.

I travelled down by bus from Albena to Varna a couple of years ago. When we arrived at Makedonski Dom, a group of Roma gathered around the bus door as people were getting off and it was obvious what was happening but the guy who got off the bus immediately after me only walked a few paces before realising that his wallet was missing (fortunately his cash was elsewhere, but all of his Credit/Debit cards were in it).

As he showed me where he had kept the wallet (back pocket of shorts!), one of the men from the Roma group approached, holding the wallet (which was obviously of no use to him, as it hadn't contained cash) and demanding 10 Leva for 'finding' it - the tourist took out some cash, with a 20 Leva note showing, so the Roma guy upped the ante to 20 Leva for the return of the wallet - which the tourist paid and received his wallet back.

The bizarre thing was that the tourist, on receipt of his wallet, immediately put it back in the same pocket from which it had been stolen......... :yikes

Baldur
Baldur - Thats a perfect example of a rogue but some people never learn. One would think the tourist would have learned a lesson but obviously not!
One would think the tourist would have learned a lesson but obviously not!

As you say - he did, however, move it after receiving a less than diplomatic response to his action from me.... ;)
well i have a chain on my wallet etc. to clip onto my jeans. so hopefully be ok. (but il be on my guard)
Hi Mackers.

I use a better security feature it's called the wife she does not let even me into the wallet.
:rofl
ooh il have the wife in tow aswell lol
hi have stayed at yavor b.and.b and loved it staff brill hotel clean have great hol
Mammabear, did the rooms have any cooking facilities?
mammabear, Cheers. was there many Irish or English guests?
As above Who has all booked? When is everyone going and where are they staying?

Well im going on the 29th of June until the 13th of July and staying at hotel yavor palace
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.