Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
I have not long booked the hilton via http://www.hilton.co.uk for next Easter for around £65 per room per night AI .Gave them my Hhonors card number at time of booking . Just booked the standard room and they have upgraded me + VIP treatment whatever that might be .
Lyn - is it the case that you can only use the card if you book direct with Hilton? My holiday in June is DIY, but should I flash it when I get there??!! Not bothered if there are no benefits this time having paid £62 per room per night AI - that's already a great deal! I will be interested to find out what your VIP treatment will be!!
I would definately flash it Pat . It may only work once you have reached a certain "status " and you wont get awarded points unless you book direct, but I am now Silver VIP despite only using it for 1 booking and some surveys :rofl

At the coral hilton last year despite booking a package with thomson I put down my HH card number on the form you fill in when you check in and that gave us a late check out room for £3 :)

I would email them a couple of weeks before you go , give them your number, say you are repeat guests and ask if you are entitled to anything . Even without the HH you should get free drinkies in your fridge as a repeat guest.

Pat I think we all know what that VIP treatment will be . A basket of mankey fruit delivered . but I am living in hope for my VIP beauty treatments :rofl

lyn
Thanks Lyn - will do. Hubby booked a trip to the Glasgow Hilton and he didn't use the card - doh! They have given me a free 2 night break due to a complaint I made, so I can't use it for that either. Sorry bit :offtop

I would appreciate some juice in the fridge for the girls if I can get it. I plan to email them re room request, and also I will need a taxi to come and get us to avoid the scrum of drivers at Sharm so I will mention my card number then.

I hope you don't get rubbish fruit!! :rofl
Hubby booked a trip to the Glasgow Hilton and he didn't use the card - doh!

Ring them up I would . I'm sure they would put your points on if you gave them a booking ref or invoice number .

My MIL collects peoples discarded tesco receipts and takes them back to customer services for them to put the points on her clubcard :rofl If the credit crunch bites me any further I might be doing the same myself
Hi just to say I use Hiton and Marriott hotels for Buisness so I do manage to get extras even if I am on a package and did not book direct.
Hi qatarman - if you got an upgrade to the new rooms at the HSB, you would be further from the sea, but the rooms look very very nice!
When booking with Thomsons which part of the hotel are you put in old or new????.
With Thomsons, they describe/offer the standard rooms (which will be rooms in the older part of the hotel) and then add "deluxe rooms with a permanent 3rd bed and pool view are available at a supplement". These are the new rooms at the extension, which are built overlooking an enormous pool area.
Regarding earlier comments about the beach at the Coral Sea Imperial(x Conrad) have stayed at both hotels. The expansive beach at the Conrad was absolutely fabulous - soft sand with shallow water ideal for non swimmers to enjoy and a reef at the end of the jetty for swimmers.

The Hilton is situated at the edge of a cliff on a steep incline and the small, coral sand beach is accessed via steep steps so not ideal for those with mobility concerns. However, for those happy to snorkle off a jetty in deep water the snorkelling is infinately superior to that of the Coral Sea Imperial - the best I have ever experienced in Egypt including Ras Mohammed and Giftun Island.
Has anyone emailed this hotel recently? I have searched the topic and found reservations.sharmsharks@hilton.com and gm_shark-bay@hilton.com and nour.ahmed@hilton.com.

Just wondered if anyone knew if they are all still valid and had an opinion on the best one to use? I am going next week and want to make a room request and ask if the hotel can arrange a taxi to pick us at at the airport.
Hi Pat .

When I had all the agro over my booking that seemed to have disappeared recently I emailed reservations.sharmsharks@hilton.com

Some staff speak better English than others though and I found it difficult to get them to understand what I was saying . Obviously your request shouldnt be as complicated as mine but The guy that eventually sorted out my problem in very good english was Kotb Mohamed (senior reservation) . Not sure you would need to go that far with a room request but all my emails were coming back from the same reservations email address but with different staff members details at the bottom including eventially his .

I dont suppose it would do you any harm to mark your email for Kotb's attention though .

Hope you have a fabulous time :sun2

lyn
Thanks Lyn. I know someone whose BIL is the operations manager but he is coming back to the UK this week. I do have another senior manager's email, but I don't think I will need to go that high :rofl

I will email the address you have used and put it for the attention of your guy. I am not complicated - I only need to ask for a double, a twin adjacent and a taxi. :rofl
And most importantly your "extras" as a repeat guest . Dont ask dont get , thats my motto :rofl
I am off to send my email now, and will quote my HHonors card etc!!
Not bad - I have now had a reply to my email!!! That's good service. BUt it was addressed "Dear Mr Pat " :rofl

They will send a limo car for $12 for our pick up: however that is for 1-3 people, so maybe just me and the girls and leave hubby to walk!! :rofl

They are keeping my email as an important request for the front desk team and they will do their best to give me the rooms I have asked for, and they said "we will do our best to make your stay more enjoyable one you have ever had"

I am happy with that - at least my booking is confirmed which is always a concern with DIY!
Good news there Pat . I don't suppose they would guarantee anything unless you had paid for it .

They will send a limo car for $12 for our pick up: however that is for 1-3 people, so maybe just me and the girls and leave hubby to walk!!

:rofl give him a headscarf and a bottle of water and tell him to hop over the airport perimeter fence and that chunk of sand . He might beat you there if he runs or better still ask the driver to strap him onto the roof rack and ask him nicely to hold on tightly to those cases :rofl
:rofl I will email again to let them know the fight details and remind them there is 4 of us!!!! Too hot for running Lyn!!!! Poor hubby needs some relaxation - not to be exhausted before he even reaches the place!!!!
Well, another email sent today and a reply received within 2 hours - impressed with that. We need 2 cars for the 4 of us, since one only takes 1 - 3 people, but at $12.00 I am quite happy with that. One week today - yay!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.