Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Holiday 2010
14 Posts
Hi Jacqui,
I go to golden sands but it is 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other. Golden sands is 17km out of Varna ( the airport ), and is more hilly than sunny beach, so if the elder members of the group find walking difficult I would suggest sunny beach as this has a long flat sea front. As for it being seedy it is not a miami beach type holiday as it is still a poor country ,but as other members will agree has a charm of its own. I have been three times now and enjoyed every trip.Sunny beach is about a 2 hour coach ride from Varna. Go on to internet and look more into the bulgarian culture, it makes interesting reading. As for preference golden sands is the resort i would choose. I have been to turkey and bulgaria is much better. hohpe this helps

cornish lad
Thankyou for the reply. I too have been to turkey (many times) and I have to say I love the place but, really fancied a change and bulgaria seemed more my type of holiday than spain. Jacqui
Hi Jacqui,
If you go go with open mind you will have good time. The lev is about 2.3 to the pound at the moment and seeing that drinks are 2 to 3 lev you can see how the cost of the holiday is well worth it also eating out is cheap as well. Im off to golden sands at the end of month just cant wait.
There is so much to do in the resort and the excursions are veried and interesting. When are you thinking of going next year?. Bulgaria has the Lev and the euro. I think they are going over to the euro in 2010 but I think it will take a while before the lev is completely finished.

cornish lad
We are thinking of going around end of June next year. We normally have two holidays each year and I thought if we get there and we really like it we would go again. It was only when we got the remarks on how seedy it is but, others have said its not that bad at all. I do know some resorts have a few ladies of the night but that doesnt bother me at all so long as the resort has plenty going on and the bars etc are good for all ages.
We are going away in six weeks to marmaris and that cant come quick enough but I fancy a change for next year. Jacqui
Hi Jacqui,
Bulgaria is not seedy. Yes they do have girls at night, but so do most holiday places and they do not bother you much. The bars, restaurants , pool areas are really good and kept clean. Im sure it is worth you booking up. I usually book with balkan holidays the reps are good and know the bulgarian culture. Have a read on the posts on this page and it will give you a good idea of what to expect. The members on this forum are very informative and willing to help were they can.

cornish lad
Jacqui
Look at Sv Vlas, near to Sunny beach but much more relaxed, and close enough if the younger members of your party want the night life. Nice location, good beaches, exclusive Marina area and good restaurants.
Golden Sands is very hilly.
We have not yet been to Golden Sands, so I can't comment on that

But we love St'Vlas, & for those wanting a bit more night life, it's only 1 Lev on the bus to Sunny Beach

Sunny Beach is flat, & St'Vlas is on the side of a hill, which does have it's advantages, clean fresh air rolling down from the Balkan mountain range, & great views over to Nessebar & Sunny Beach

My advice is to give Bulgaria a go, you may just be pleasantly surprised

Gary
Cornish Lad, your statement about Bulgaria going over to Euro in 2010 is very misleading. The earliest change will be 2012 but more likely 2015 as stated many times. Tonyt
I would agree tat St Vlas very nice

Dee
Cornish Lad, your statement about Bulgaria going over to Euro in 2010 is very misleading. The earliest change will be 2012 but more likely 2015 as stated many times. Tonyt

Correct Tony, I have had to post this a number of times.

There are no indications that Bulgaria will be able to join the Euro in 2010, with 2012 a possible date, but realistically 2015 being more like it.

See HERE and HERE

Peter
Hi all thanks for the advice. I think I will look at ST Vlas. Who would you reccomend to book with we will be flying from newcastle. Also is it worth going all inclusive? Jacqui
Have a look at Balkan

I would not recommend all inclusive, as there are so many nice restaurants why just use one

Gary
Hi Peter,Tony
Sorry for misleading people about the change over to the euro. Please except my apologies. Lets hope the lev stays for as long as possible.

cornish lad.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.