Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
only thing is i usually go self catering and gonna feel guilty walking past the queen mary

If you're only HB, maybe you could pop into the Queen Mary for the occasional snack to ease your hunger and your conscience. :wink
David :wave
ha ha yes david think im going to have to ..its very good food in the queen mary as well .
16th to 30th Sept for us having a change staying at the Nereo this time. We have stayed at the Dalmatas for the last 20 years but have heard bad reports since it has gone all inclusive. Seems to be attracting the wrong clientele now sad really.
17th October staying at the Servigroup venus half board, first time to Benidorm and im really looking forward to it now :)
i stopped in the servigroup venus hotel in march this year ...very nice hotel in a great location ..you will love benidorm its fantastic place ..i hope the weather will be ok as i am there at the same time
Venus hotel is a lovely hotel- its in my top 3 favourite hotels- you'll have a great time!

belly
we have just booked a week next august (2012) to the ambassador playa we love benidorm its got everything you want from a holiday i know its virtually a year till we go but still cant wait.. would like to live over there lol :rofl :sun2 :tup
Off to Benidorm, Fri 2nd Sept. 06-30 from BHX. Staying at Mar Blau, nothing special nice and relaxed we enjoyed it there last year :tup .
6 weeks tomorrow :)

Its good to hear nice reports about the Venus :)
hi everyone going to the ambassador playa 25th aug for 2 weeks next year i cant wait havent been to benidorm since 2003 but love it on the long count down now but the good thing is we have the holiday half paid for already :tup me and my wife, daughter her partner and wee grandson jake all going he will be three and a half when we go hope there will be plenty for him to do :que
Im off today!!!! Not been for 4 years use to go 2 or 3 times a year- every year!- will do a full report when I return!

belly
Have a great time belly, it will be interesting to hear what changes you find after 4 years.

David :wave
Thanks David- it certainly will!

We fly at 4.20 from leeds bradford.

To be totally honest- things seemed to be going downhill in benidorm- and I started to enjoy it less and less- (This is just my opinion)-
I found much nicer places to holiday (Without looking over my shoulder).. My frind wanted to go to benidorm (as she had never been before)- I wanted to go to greece (Any island)- and it was all decided on the flip of a coin. (I think you can guess who lost!!) :rofl

belly
Hi,not sure what you mean by gone downhill and having to look over your shoulder but we were in Benidorm 2 weeks ago,my 4th time and my GF's first,it was very much on the up in my opinion,it was absolutely heaving with both brits and spanish,everywhere in both the old and new towns seemed to be doing a ROARING trade and in 11 nights of going out every night,to a different area/venue/restaurant etc until the small hours,including walking the backstreets from area to area(including a late night walk past the infamous yellow brick road) we didn't see one single incident of crime/trouble/prostitution/violence,everywhere was very clean considering the throngs of people everywhere,the public transport was cheap,clean,efficient and safe,both locals and ex-pat workers are all very friendly and in the most part everywhere was cheaper than anywhere i've ever been to on a holiday and the countless people we spoke to in the bars and in our hotel were all loving the place,so what exactly are you getting at,posts like this with no substance do a resort a disservice,and being that i've lived and worked in a greek resort for the last 10 years i know first-hand what effect that can have.

For the record i'm no Beni loyalist as the last time i went was some 6 years ago and i doubt i'll return for another few years as we go somewhere different every year so i'm what i'd consider to be objective,yes there are other places that some may enjoy more or indeed less but that's linked more to taste in my opinion,and says more about the individual than it does about a particular destination.

Sorry to come accross as sounding harsh,nothing personal is meant by it but posts like this can be unfair.

As for where and when,god knows,the list of places we want to go is as long as my considerably long arm!
Only 22 days and we will be in Benidorm :) , so cant wait
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.