Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
36 sleeps until Bangkok then onto Cambodia, Laos,Vietnam, Chang Mai and back to Bangkok, home 19 December. Very exciting!!! :)
With that itinery I take it you are away for more than a fortnight :D Sounds great- especially going in November
Candy

I was in Thailand and Laos last November, the weather was great. Don't know where in Laos you are going but the evenings in Luang Prabang were at times a bit cool and I used a light weight pashmina to keep off the chill.
Can you give us a report when you get back, I've been looking at some Gap Adventure tours and would be interested to hear of your experiences with them.
Have a lovely trip

Judith
I'm going with Gap Adventures - on the Indochina Discovery trip. I'll do a report, may even get on here if i get chance. I usually go to Goa every Dec so will be a big change for me.
3 sleeps til our 27 day tour of China with Wendy Wu. I am so excited, which is ridiculous considering I am 42 years old and travelled around the world in the Royal Navy
no its not ridiculous. Have a great time Gary :)
off to hong kong on 9/12 for few days hubbys working in china and im meeting him in HK for xmas shopping. anybody know what the weather is like in december in hong kong? :wave:
Hi Elaine
we had a day stopover on the Jan 2nd a couple of years back. Very pleasant for wandering around during the day. The only time I could walk for any amount of time without ending up soaked in sweat. You need warm jackets for night though.
Only got 7 weeks and three days till my holiday in Singapore, Bali, Bangkok yippeeeeeeee, never felt like this before , just wish Christmas would come and go. :cheers
Well! we are off back to Bali and flying out the day after Boxing Day for 13 nights. Staying at the Kumala Pantai in Legian again.

We are expecting this trip to be more Legian/Beach focused as I understand this part of the island in chocka-block with locals and their cars (from Java) I read that Bali is at a standstill during the peak Indonesian holidays periods.

Fortunately Kumala Pantai is across from the beach so it looks like New Years Eve on the beach for us then :cheers Geri
ooh Gerri i'm green with envy,lucky you,i,ve been looking this week to go back to bali sept,foot is finally starting to feel better,so if we go i'll be able to see abit more than i did this year,have a great time :wave:
Well,

It doesn't seem possible, but in 10 days we are off to Borneo.

The forum is very quiet at the moment so, hopefully, will be able to do a good trip report when I get back. I notice that Fiona is back "on form" on the Goa forum, chasing up hotel reviews - so yes Fiona, I will!
;)

Peter
i forgot about doing a trip report but i loved travelling round cambodia, vietnam and laos, bit of thailand with gap adventures. i'm looking to go again nov/dec. having been to goa (what seems like a hundred times) i can't say what a refreshing change it was, i'm off to go in 16 sleeps but prob my last time.laos was absolutely stunning - i loved it, also cambodia (but you need to get in quick i think) and vietnam. i can understand why people travel for 6 months of the year! a great experience.
Have a great time Pete B :) we are off to Goa in 13 days :)

Candy I would love to hear a bit more about your travels , I loved Indochina, especially Cambodia, it was amazing , been there twice and will most definitely go again
Pete and Shirl... hope you both have a wonderful time on your hols.

We are treading the worn out track and back to Bali in 9 weeks and the 3rd time in 12 months. It's not our usual thing to keep going back to the same place but Bali offers us 'best bang for our buck' and all about the mighty dollar I'm afraid (plus it's only 6 hours flying time for us).

Hopefully I can give rave reviews on Sanur Beach Villas and Inna Kuta Beach.

Happy Landings Everyone

Cheers Geri
And there was me saying the forum was quiet - everyone's travelling!

Shirley and Candy; enjoy your trips - it looks as though you will be there at the same time.

Geri - Bali is a fantastic destination. If it were so close for Janet and I we would also visit a lot more frequently. The 9 weeks will fly. I would say enjoy your "trip", but after your recent experiences I will just say enjoy!

Janet is currently negotiating a promo trip (on behalf of her company) to Bali in early October, so that means that we probably won't be going this year (wouldn't want to be there with a business group and it is our favoured time of the year).

Slightly off topic :offtop , but when we get back from the Borneo trip in late March, we are thinking of booking a trip to Zanzibar in Sept / Oct - if any one has any thoughts/experiences, they would be most welcome.

Peter
3 days until beijing & penang.
can't wait :)
tracy
207 sleeps - 26 November until Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand travelling with Intrepid.
Off to Borneo in 10 days,staying at the turang aru in kota kinabula,really looking forward to this,any restuarant or bar suggestions would be welcome,then its back to Goa for 3 weeks over xmas :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.