Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi Ron
I always go on my own (girlfriend doesn't like heat! ) and always meet great people. I can recommend going to the Lazydays meets. You can always find friendly people there :lol:
Thanks - Lazy day meets?
Still go on your own, Goa is a wonderful place and all the people are friendly.

I had to go on my own this year with my son and my younger brother, as my partner was involved in an accident at work preventing him from coming.

You;ll have a superb time, everyone will want to talk to you, and it seems that quite a lot of people go to Goa on their own these days.

you,ve got nothing to worry about :)
Hi Ron

I say definitely go on your own, you can't miss the chance of spending time in Goa! Each time we have been we've always met quite a few people there on their own (male and female) and there's never been any problem. It's such a friendly and sociable place and you find that many people, more than you might think, go there alone - there's certainly no stigma attached to it. Go for it and enjoy, then come back on here and join the club of Goa lovers who can't stay away from the place!

Good luck.
Ron
I'm sure you are feeling a bit down just down with the split so fresh- but once you are in Goa I'm sure you will love it! It could be just what you need! Its a pity you only found us today as I'm sure we could have helped you feel more at ease. Several members here go off to Goa on their own.
Thanks for all the supportive replies - thinking I may just do it now.

Tips on friendly places to go all welcome.

Thanks again,

Ron.
Hi Ron

Everywhere and everyone is friendly including locals and tourists. When you get to the beach make an effort to chat with others in the shacks you will find most people have been before and everyone will have their own recommendations of where to go of an evening.

Last time I was there with my boyfriend we met a lady on her own who used the same shack as us during the day, similar age to us (30's) and we went out for dinner with her a couple of times and I know she also hooked up with others that went to the same shack as us in the day on other evenings.

We have met several lone travellers of all ages all three times we have been and having chatted to them they all agreed it was by far the best place they had been to.

Definately go you will love it and it may help the process of getting over the split with your partner.

Good luck and let us know how you got on when you get back.
I went on my own to see the England cricket matches in early April, stayed a few nights at the Marriott.
The hotel's quite good because it's big and you can be anonymous if you want to, just grab a sunbed and read a good book, swim when you want. It's a business hotel as well, so there's quite a few singles there.
There's quite a few restaurants within walking distance of the Marriott, or you can just get a lift round the coast to the Candolim stretch.
Panaji's surprisingly good for a walk round, much better than i expected.
Didn't feel that much of a loser :wink:

In fact, it was great to have the freedom....you can jump on the back of a taxi motorbike without getting hassled by the other half, drink as much as you want, go out late and watch the football in a bar etc....
I'm going next month on my own, partially because I'm lucky enough to have the whole of December off work (loads of overtime working and days the company owed me) and partially because I have given up on trying to arrange a group of friends who can come at the same time! I live on my own and am single and it's a bit like going to the cinema - sometimes you just have to give up, be selfish and go on your own.

I'm kind of looking forwards to going on my own out of a sense of selfishness - as Chriss said above it will be nice to be just do what I want without others holding me back.

This is the first time I've been on hol on my own and now that I am doing it, the number of people who are friends of friends etc. who apparently go on hol on their own all the time that I have become aware of is amazing. It seems to be much more common than people suspect.

Coop
Hi. My friend is planning of going alone to Goa, Calangute around late January 07 for 28days. Can you recommend any good deals or hotels where the single person supplement is not so heart stopping! Or, is he better off finding a place when he gets there; although he would prefer booking as a package holiday as it could work out cheaper and the flight is already sorted.
Hi Ron
Just to let you know that the 1st year we went we met a lady who was a widow on her own and we are now firm friends, she comes to visit and she has stayed for the weekend also. She is a lovely lady and friend.

You will also meet alot of nice people in Goa, just say hello and that will be it you will have made a friend

We are going in the morning from heathrow and staying at casa seashell in candolim, we like Calamari shack on the border of Candolim/sinquerim beach and also dreamers shack border of candolim/calangute beach.

Anywhere you go in Goa you will make friends so enjoy yourself as I am sure you will. :glynis
How much money would you want to swap places ? I would love to be out there on my own !! still.... I need 'er in doors to carry my suitcase so I guess I'm shackled to her again.
Hope you have a great time.
:glynis
GO!! I DID!! :D

NO PROBLEMS WHAT SO EVER!! :D
:) I go on my own, I love Goa, no problems (touch wood). Its cheap, hot and the people are really friendly. You have no worries.
Hey, got back yesterday night.

Glad I went on my own - just explored and pleased myself for the week.

Only problem was flying with Monarch - set off on time and then turned back to Gatwick and was delayed a day (after a 7 hour flight). On the way back was late and then stopped in Bahrain and Milan!!!! Shame, the cabin crew were great but such an unreliable airline.
Glad you had a great time Ron, sorry about Monarch. They're the main reason I'm flying scheduled this year.
Big question is will you go back? :sun
glad you enjoyed Goa- pity about the airline! So are you now a Goa convert? :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.