Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I have worked out a few golden rules, and things to avoid.
1. As everywhere, avoid groups of young British males, and also anybody who takes their own music player.
2. Groups of young Indians from Mumbai can also be a pain, with the boys preening around their girlfriends.
3. Be wary of the persistent talkers, never letting you get settled with your book, and often anxious to let you know they know far more about Goa than you do.
4. Obviously, babies and toddlers who cry all the time need to be at least 100 yards away, possibly even back in Europe.
5. Any couple who steadily drink throughout the day, slowly getting louder and more obnoxious.
6. Dont get too friendly too soon with the beach sellers. If you do then they will take it upon themselves to plonk themselves down next to you at every opportunity, have Hindi conversations with each other at the foot of your sunbed, and even thrust bundles of stuff at you and run off when the police come along.
7. If you order and get a really really cold beer in a nice clean glass, then a fly will land in it.
8. If you are still clueless about the potential that a couple or group has to ruin your day, then it is often helpful to look at the language of the books and mags they are reading.
9. There is always another beach hut.

Lester,

Great post.Please let me know where this magic place is. :rofl :rofl :rofl

Papa
:rofl Love it Lester.
Here are some more to add.
1) Check your sunbed mattress for signs of infestation.
2)Make sure there are no missing wooden slats that you can fall through.
3)No where near the noise and pollution and also the danger of jet skis and parasailing boats.
4)No herds of cows nearby.
5)An umbrella that doesn't blow away in the slightest breeze.
But in all honesty, I would put up with any of these irritations if I could be back in goa!!!! :sun2
:D excellent reading!!
chilly
Lester, Papa & Squigs I most heartily agree, it's all part of what makes a holiday in Goa :rofl :rofl :rofl
I cannot stop laughing.

Going back to the sunbed thing and missing slats, what about those sunbeds that have the thin stretchy plastic strips across and all the way down? If you are carrying more than your fair share of under carriage (like me), your bum can fall through onto the paving slabs underneath and your legs end up flapping around?

One year when we were staying up north, there was a cow who would walk past our shack each lunchtime, look in at me and would do a really big belch. My other half said "there you go She., you have found your soul mate". Cheeky beggar.

You should also check under your sun bed before you put anything underneath it, because the shack's dog could be underneath sleeping and may not take kindly to be woken up.

At the airport on the way in, the men should send the wife out first. My chap does, because having been up for many hours and not having slept well, and feeling crumpled and sticky, I am not the sweetest of people. I find that I speak to those people who try to grab my luggage in the same way I speak to my dog when he is doing something wrong. I say "leave it" "drop" and if they don't do it immediately, I wait a few seconds and say "NOW". I am not ordinarily a horrible person, but the airport brings out the worst in me, but as soon as we are in the taxi I am my sweet lovely self again. But that is enough about the airport, as we all know how stressful that can be.
Great list Lester and Squigs :rofl

Can I add - fishermen who insist on standing on a busy beach waving their rod and line about. I think a psychologist would draw certain conclusions about those blokes who walk up and down with a rod fixation. :que
One more to add.
Don't get a sunbed where there is a guy in front of you, at the waters edge, doing yoga, wearing a THONG!!!!! :omg :omg
Don't get a sunbed where there is a guy in front of you, at the waters edge, doing yoga, wearing a THONG!!!!!

Eeeeeuuuuwww!!
Goa does seem to attract quite a few elderly chaps who like to wear thongs which leave very little to the imagination.Glad I have already eaten tonight as the very thought makes me feel quite nauseous.

Papa
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.