Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
I was in Thomson & TC yesterday and the brochures have until April 2010 on them, but I'm really looking for June/July.

Helen
Had pamphlet in post today stating that 2010 long haul were now bookable through Portland. I've also been on the Thomson site and Long haul can be booked today. It's stated on their website that other destinations would be added in July.
Enquired at First Choice travel shop today and was told brochures would be out either 2nd or 22nd July.
I think holding back brochure until June/July could backfire on the travel agencies

If they come out in Mid July, then for one thing I wont be booking for next year, as

1...I will be away on holiday
2...Taking time of work on 5 July 2010, wont be possible, holidays fully booked for other colleagues ( I work in a supermarket)

So I might just leave thing until next year, and maybe go to london for a break
hi
just got a card in from direct holidays saying there brouchure is coming out in july also but if you want to phone them and discuss where you want to go they will secure a holiday for you . i think that's what they mean anyway. :que
it says so you can have the pick of where you want to go before the brouchure is out . :)
Thomas Cook, Travel City Direct, Virgin Holidays and Jetsave all have 2010 Florida brochures out and are on sale.
Most have got their long haul brochures out now and are availabel to book on line also.
hi
according to the card it means for spain and shorthaul holidays as i usually book spain. turkey and other flights and holidays around they flight times . :)
MYRA313

Did the card give a date DH holidays are going on sale and I am wondering if you don't know the price of the holidays whats the point of reserving a holidays.
Hi, had the same card from DH this morning. Gave them a call and all they do is take your details and where you're thinking of going and will phone you back to discuss just prior to brochures being sent. Was told they don't know exactly when prices will be available but hopefully by end of month/June time, and brochures will be out July.
i dont think any one knows i got brouchure for next year for florida (thomas cook and virgin ) when i asked travel agent when other ones out she just shrugged her shoulders if ya fancy a cruise p&o have theirs out for 2010/2011
I had the card come this morning from DH and it said their brochure is being released in July, no actual day of release but it is July. I would imagine thomas cook will be around a similar time.
We have been told in our Agency it will be early July when the brochures are launched for 2010.
ta2005 wrote:
We have been told in our Agency it will be early July when the brochures are launched for 2010.

Ah. But do you trust them. Presumably these were the same people who have already said May and then June, so July is just pushing it along a month.

I think they want to shift more 2009 holidays & that is more likely without the distraction of 2010 going on sale. Plus people who are totally desperate to book 2010 are being kind of forced into pouring over the Caribean brochures as that is all they have to look at and may book there if they are itching to lay a deposit. Seems like a cunning plan on behalf of the TO's to me. ;)

Presumably everyone who goes in a Travel Agents at the moment for 2010 is pushed in the direction of Long Haul.

Doe :wave
Doepsmc

That is quite about TA trying to talk you into long haul as that's what they said to me 'have you thought about going to the Caribbean or florida the kids would like it there' I just said no thanks I will just hold out.

The only thing i'm worried about is getting the free child place when they do come out as many people might try and book straight away for these deals.

And I have to agree what was posted on another thread that TA need to sell holidays so should not put prices up too high as they will have the same problem for 2010 holidays if they are too expensive less bookings
Good for you sticking too what you want and not being pressurised into booking Florida or the Caribean. I am sure that when to brochures do come out all the normal First Edition offers of free kids places, low deposits etc will be about so I wouldn't worry too much, as it's not like anybody else can book them either. I also hope that with the recession they will price the holidays fairly as many families want to book, but will probably be suffering a bit due to the downturn.
Just to let people know that Hays travel are pricing holidays now for summer 2010 for europe as I spoke to them this afternoon and got told yes we have the prices available for next year ,so i have left my details and was told somebody would call me tomorrow with the prices.

Not sure if Hays travel is nationwide or just in the north east but just thought I would let people know that you can get prices now ;)
can't think of a username wrote:
Prices with which tour op.

Sorry the holiday I want is with Thomas cook and she said that was fine basically I think it's all the TO's
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.