Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Honeymoon help
6 Posts
hello, for our honeymoon, 12 years ago now, we stopped at tha Hotel Son Matias beach, right on the beach front in Palma Nova, close to ashops & bars but still quiet enough for peace. It attracts an older holiday maker (stay and cruise type!), although we were mid 20's when we went. It still gets great reviews here

Sister in law stayed next door at the Santa Lucia on her honeymoon 2 years ago and she cannot praise it highly enough reviews here
Every room in both hotels has sea views, both in great locations but the Son Matias just shades it for me

Have a nice time wherever you go
Thanks a lot for your advice! We will check both out.
Santa Lucia would be my choice.far better rooms and food.your away from the 18 year olds.just a short walk into magaluf.which is not so bad.palma is only a 25 min bus ride away.in p/n there are some nice places to eat out.and like i say if you want a night out/music ect magaluf is only just over the hill.

mine you sol cala blanca hotel is very nice as well.hotel next door to santa lucia.
Our choice would be the Son Matias Beach or Santa Lucia I think SMB only accommodates older children.
We love both of them - there is more to do and a better nights entertainment in the SL but I would still choose to stay at the SMB and maybe visit the SL in the evening.

The only reason we haven't been to the Sol Cala Blanca is if you have a wonderful sea view room, you lose the sun earlier in the day and the back of the hotel looks over the street and a lot of the rooms have palm trees nearly touching some of the balconies so you don't get much sun or views! I think regular visitors would know which room to ask for but we would be so disappointed to be in such a nice hotel and feel so closed in.
Wherever we go our main priority is a sunny balcony with a nice view but others don't mind where they are situated as they don't spend much time in their room - luckily we are all different!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.