Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Hello Trev, long time no see, we went to this hotel before all its add ons and it was H B then as well. I think it was 1998 our first trip to Malta having spent a great week in the now shut 4* hotel Andar on Gozo that was near new. It was a shock to us that the Fortina also a 4* hotel and one of the so called best hotels on Malta at the time was a bit of a mess, we had a great view from out second floor room over to Valletta and that has stayed with us all these years, but the room was very tiny with what I could only call a small bathroom that could only fit one person and used to flood when you had a shower. The food was not that good and the drinks were dear. A lot has changed since then with the bit on the back and the 5* tower, so If you do go there have a good look at what rooms you will get.
All the best,
Dave.
Hi Dave,

Nice to hear from you.

We have already stayed at the Fortina many times in the past but have always gone there because of the great AI deals which allows you to indulge in excellent cuisine and drinks. Never was cheap to stay there but we enjoyed the times we had there. The reason I posted was to ask if anyone had any inside info which may have caused this change and whether it was going to be a permanent arrangement?

Still love Malta though and we are staying in the Cornucopia 'bungalows' in Gozo at the end of August. Not Malta I know but we love Gozo as well and there is a wine festival in Nadur during the first week of September that we will also enjoy.

Trev
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.