Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hotel Lotus
7 Posts
Can you confirm if its Lotus or Lotos? So that I can add it to our reviews section.

Thanks

Sarah
I'm more interested in where!

There is not a single resort called Bulgaria. there is a long Black Sea coast stretching from Romania to Turkey, and a lot of Bulgaria is inland to the borders with Greece, Macedonia and Serbia.

The name Lotus or Lotos is merely a transliteration of the Cyrillic Lotos (I don't have Cyrillic letters loaded on this PC), and thus both derivations are correct and interchangeable.

On the internet under Hotel Lotos there are hotels in the Riviera Resort, Balchik, Golden sands. and Sunny Beach.

Under Hotel Lotus there is one at Sunny Beach only, but this hotel appears under both variations of the name. The owners were backing it both ways!

We have in our reviews the Hotel Lotos in Golden Sands which is a correct name in the right place.

If the Hotel Lotos being asked for is in Golden Sands, we've got one review.

The names of Bulgarian hotels can drive you nuts, have you noticed?! They vary from brochure to brochure, and website to website.

Peter
Oh.. Sorry guys, my bad. :oops: In my head theese days its only selling cars and waiting to go to SB..

Hotel Lotus is the spelling on the hotel wall and in the cataloug. Its in Sunny Beach.

Sorry again :oops:
I`ll answer myself :wink:

Hotel Lotus is a small hotel, but with large one room apts. I was positively surprised of the size, and the quality. Good size bathroom with good sollutions for all woman stuff.
We had a small kitchen corner with a water boiler, fridge and a sink. Balcony was good size, and six normal persons could sit there without problems.
Bars and restaurants in the area shut down the loud music around midnight, so we had no problems sleeping with the balconydoor open even though 24/7 bar/restaurant KHARMA was 15 m away.

Cleaning was good, and reseption-staff was nice.

Breakfast was ok. Serials, bread, ham and cheese, etc. Also beans, toast, egg and sausage. Fruit was also awailable.

Overall in my opinion a hotel that fits my wife and me PERFECT. So good that we allready booked next trip to SB and Lotus August 8th :lol: :lol:
Many thanks for your update. :tup
I've added the Lotus hotel to our review site if you'd kindly be the first to write a review Click Here
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.