Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
hotel sirena g/s
25 Posts
Hi westy,

Some mixed (oldish) reviews here

Have a great holiday - we come out to Varna on 24th june, so don't use all of the sun before we get there. :wink:
Hi Westy the Sirena is in the middle of the resort .They have a childrens club for kids ,and that is where Balkan has its main office .The hotel gets a good name we had freinds who stayed there last year and said it was clean and food not to bad ,but you get that said about a lot of hotels Go and enjoy :wave :sun :fly
cheers all, cant wait 13 days and counting :arrow: :arrow: :wave
Hey,

Heading to bulgaria in August this year - staying in Golden Sands, Hotel Sirena. Reading what little reviews I can find - many people say the food it terrible, and since I have paid for all inclusive this is quite a concern.

Also - some reports suggest that the hotel itself is a bit old and could do with refurbishment.

Can anyone confirm or deny these reports? I have read the reports from this website but I would be grateful if anyone could provide more info on this particular hotel.

Many Thanks
This hotel is in the Balkan brochure as B&B only, I'm surprised you could book it as all-inclusive.

We visited the Sirena last September, didn't stay there, and our overall impression was that it needed a refurbishment.

Having said that it is in an excellent position within the resort.

Patka
I can only find this hotel available through Balkan Holidays & Thomas Cook as B & B.

I would suggest you double check with your travel company, because it has never been all inclusive before.

The Sirena has always been a popular hotel for families in a first class location in the resort. The Balkan Holidays office and Kiddies Club are based there.

If you put 'Hotel Sirena, Golden Sands' into an internet search engine, there are a number of mentions, including some with more up to date reviews than we have here.

Peter
hiya i'm visiting sirena on the 24th july - 7th august so i've been doing a bit of research

http://www.goldensands-bg.com/en/Page.Hotels.Sirena.jsp

thats a good site, tells you basically all you need to know.
its got a few photos aswell, looks pretty nice but hey we'll have to see when we get there.

Leanne[/url]
Hi Leanne,

Thanks for the info, I take it you are going B & B, because I have no knowledge of this hotel ever being anything other than that?

Have known this hotel a very long time, since before the last refurbishment several years ago.

Hope you have a good time,

Peter
hi peter
yes we're going b & b, i think it says on the site thats all it is :?
kind of glad after all the comments i've read about the food, still it wont break the bank to eat out from what i've heard :lol:
leanne
Thanks for the help folks - I will check the all inclusive part part with my travel agent - I could be mistaken.

Thanks for the link too - it doesnt seem so bad in the pictures and the location seems to be a bonus 8)

If I find out anything more I will report back here.
We didnt stay at the sirena but visited it last year as the sirena is the base for balkans kids club. From the outside, and indeed the reception area, it looks very dated and very grubby. however thats not to say that the rooms are not nice and the service is not good. Looked, to me, like one of the oldest and most run down hotels in the resort.
im going here also in august i stayed at the golden yavor appartments last year and i could see the sirena from my balcony it looked ok to me ive never been in it so i cant comment on the decor but i stayed at dana palace a couple of years ago and although it wasnt ultra new i found it to be clean confortable and the staff were great so i wouldnt worry about the decor after all it isnt the richest place in the world and ive stayed in worse places in britain we tend to get a bit snobby when we go abroad dont you think also i think alot of people moan about the food because it tends to be served luke warm in hotels if you eat out it is hot coz it is cooked to order anyway i might see you ther im going august the 17th you cant miss us im 5ft4 my fellas 6ft4 so we stand out like a sore thumb
If anyone can assist by posting a review, please do so HERE.

Thanks.

Pippy :D
hiya everyone
booked for the 24th july at hotel sirena
anyone been recently? this year maybe
a few people mentioned the food being a bit dismal the past year or so and the place in need of an upgrade!
just wondering if anyone has any more up to date news! would be very greatful :D
many thanks 8)
Hi

We were in the Sirena last August - 9 of us and we all have differing opinions !

It is a little bit run down but thats because it's being pulled down after this season and a new hotel built so I don't expect they will have done any refurbishment. Good location - right on the promenade and central for everything.

We were half board, the food was OK as long as you don't expect traditional englisf fare - we eat in the hotel most nights and always found something to have. A bit strange but the choices that look the least attractive usually tasted the best ! The green mash was a revalation - it had spinach in it and tasted great - just looked strange :)

The hotel was good for kids as they had a couple of pool tables, internet room and a large 'hall' full of couches and chairs that you could watch DVDs on the large screen. They als served Chickeb nuggets, chips and beans in the bar there.

The roof top bar has a plunge pool and is open all night. The breakfasts (to buy) in there were quite good as well. Live sport on the telly - spent many an hour watching the Ashes with a cold beer :lol: They also showed Big Brother on request :shock:

Rooms were fine - nothing special but plenty of space.

Didn't like the pool at the hotel (acroos the promenade) so we used the one in the hotel next door. Massive pool, clean and nice food at the pool bar. You have to pay for sunbeds etc but it was worth it. Leave the hotel by main entrance (not Beach side), turn right thru the car park and go stright thru the reception/lobby of the hotel and you will see the pool. Say hello to Chris the 'pool man' if he is still there - a really nice helpfull guy. He may be working at the hermitage this year as we helped him fill out his job application form ! Nice food at the pool bar.

Ask away if you have any questions.

John
Hi John,

That was a very good review, which shows you are a traveller and not a tourist.

Perhaps you would be so kind as to add a review HERE, please?

Peter
Peter,

I thought I did last year but it's not there ! I shalll rectify in the next couple of days.

Having not posted for some time it's nice to get a compliment from an established member like yourself on my return to HT :D

I look forward to reporting from Albena this year - done GSand SB - time to change again !

John.
Ok - been having a play around.
I hoped the link below would take you to an edited image from Google Earth showing you the Sirena and the pool we used or even show it.
I'm sure the mods will sort it :oops:
Edit
Sorry John. Due to copyright problems you can not reproduce google earth images here.
Fiona
Hi John123

The Sirena is in Sector 'C' of THIS MAP, presumably the pool to which you refer is the one at the Zlatna Kotva?

Baldur
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.