Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Hotel Vulcano
40 Posts
Room sizes were good - we were initially in refurbished room on 1st floor but only for 2 days as there was a problem with the air conditioner. We ended up on the 3rd floor in n un-refrubished room near to the generators overlooking mini shopping area with Chinese restaurant.

Have to say I was more than happy with the move - got sun for most of the afternoon on balcony, could people watch to my hearts content. Room was a little tired looking BUT I should imagine the whole hotel has been done by now as we stayed there in 2000.

The 3rd bed was side on from the other 2 and the foot of the bed was next to the balcony doors - it was set up a more of a sofa TBH and there was a chair there too (room on the bacony for that if you find space tight). For us 2 adults & 1 child there was plenty of room to move - masses of space as you walked in where mini bar and suitcase racks were (we never bothered folding our buggy). Wardrobes were massive and there was a safe in there too.

Generators caused us no problems till the last night - there was a series of power cuts and everytime the power went they kicked in - it was noisy and disruptive to sleep but as the power cut covered the whole area this wasn't a fault of the hotel.

Food was fantastic - plentiful, hot and something for everyone altho' I don't think kids were particularly well catered for if that's an issue for you (or anyone else) but we were all well fed and had no complaints.

As for time share touts - they'll never go - the key to it all is if ANYONE approaches you and offers you a scratch card or asks you to complete a survey say "NO" firmly and walk away - don't get caught up in a conversation just walk away.
Thanks to everyone for the information, like I said to Beecee, it's very much appreciated. it really sounds like everyone had a great holiday at the Vulcano, if I had any doubt's I really haven't now.

Thanks Again

Joe
Stayed at The Vulcano at Easter, fab hotel. If you like the sun, you will need to be up early to get a sun lounger on the higher terraces but if you don't mind dragging your lounger around you don't have to be up that early to get a place under the "sheds" (a cannopy that reminds everyone of bike sheds)
Good shopping centre "Safari" just behind hotel and large cheap supermarket just to the right of the Safari on the main road.
Wonderful massage parlour within the hotel tucked away in left hand corner by the back of the pool, also offers lots of beauty treatments.
Very few children at hotel as there is very little there for them to do.
Hi,

sorry for asking so many questions. This forum is great and people are really helpful. Ok, here is my next question:

Are the Hotel Vulcano and Spring Hotel Vulcano both the same? I have read great reviews using both names and just want to make sure I don't end up in a different hotel.

Has anybody tried the Lanzarote Princess in Lanzarote?

Does anyone have a preference about all incusive, half board, self catering, etc? We like to move around and see the island rather than stay at the hotel throughout the day but if AI is cheaper we could make use of breakfast and dinner facilities maybe. Any opinions?

Again, thanks so much.
Hello
The Spring is the name of the group, they have a few hotels including the Bitacora, so there is only one Vulcano. It is a large hotel and is very well run and clean with good service and food. The Vulcano is more for couples and the Bitacora more for families with children. They are both well recommended. I don't think they do all-inclusive. If you're staying HB the meals are very good. You won't have any problems here.
givemeabreak
you may be best to ask about the Lanzarote Princess on that forum although some here may have been there. You could also have a look at the hotel Review site

Click here for Tenerife Hotels

Click here for Lanzarote Hotels
Hi thanks for the replies, they were really helpful. Have booked the Vulcano now and am really looking forward to it. Just keeping my fingers crossed that it wil be warm enough in april.

Thanks for your help.
Been several times in April weather has always been warm and sunny,indeed have just returned on friday & had a week of constant sunshine with temperatures in the 70s.Don't worry it will be fine.Good hotel choice too
Just returned from our second trip to The Vulcano, have posted a review. It's a wonderful place, can't fault it. When you check in fill in the forms for your Spring Card, if you do return then you can get 15% off all drinks with it (including Happy Hour) and you can keep your room for a late check out. If I can be of help with anymore info please feel free to P.M. me. (our first stay was April last year and weather was a bit mixed)
Hi Lou

thanks a lot for that tip. Should definitely do that. Phew, hope it will be boiling hot :-)
Another tip Tenni - it's worth getting up early to get a sunbed on the top terrace (to the left of the pool bar) they get the sun first and stay in the sun until about 5pm. If you fancy a massage the spa and massage are tucked away at the bottom of the path on the left hand side of the pool (at the end of the row of rooms).
Having stayed at the Vulcano before I know you can hire the pool towels, but, does anyone know if you can take them to the beach? :D
Does anyone know if you can take the pool towels to the beach?
:D
givemeabreak
Having stayed at the Vulcano before I know you can hire the pool towels, but, does anyone know if you can take them to the beach?

why hire them...they are that cheap (well last time i was there) buy them (and do what you want)and toss them :tongue :tongue
I was in plda last week and popped into the vulcano. Apparently, because the sunbeds were being snapped up so early ( 5 am) the managment have implimented a new rule that towels on beds before 8 am will be removed by the hotel staff. Beds left unattended for 3 hours will have towels removed.
What a great move by the manager, now i wont have to get down before the crack of dawn and might get a decent kip!!.
Sorry, givemeabreak. Yes,i took mine to the beach. Just stuck it in my beach bag. The little beach is littered with clients of spring hotels using the hotel towels. Hope that convinces you to not take your own towels that will weigh your luggage allowence down!!
Thanks Sivvy - I'll not be taking any towels then!
Can anyone tell me the times the restaurant is open for evening meals at the Vulcano. We like to have a drink or two before we eat but need to make sure we are back for our meal before they close.
Candybabe
Hi evening meal at Vulcano is 6.30-9.30pm.They have a happy hour 6-7pm BOGOF.We always go to that before our evening meal.Hope you enjoy your stay there.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.