Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
I know exactly how u feeling, champ, cos I feel like that too! I just wanna know it is all gonna be ok for my 2 week holiday - paid for out of my hard earned cash! I have looked forward to it since February, and I want my expectations to be fulfilled!!
Hello again all :D .

I e-mailed the Iberostar rep again today and this is her reply

"Now the last decision is for 6th June -all arrivals starting from the 6th June will be accommodated in IBS Sunny beach hotel".
Regards
_________

Am not sure what to make of it but think that the Official Opening Date is 6th June. :D :D :D
Here is some info on the iberostar sunny beach hotel from a mate I know that stays in sunny beach, I emailed him about the progress of the sunny beach hotel as im going there mid July. Heres what he says.

"the Iberostar Sunny Beach is still being built. It is expected to open on the 6th June so I guess by the time you travel the hotel will be ready and been in operational for at least a few weeks. Its a very nice hotel. I took a picture of the hotel for you from the outside to see. If you have any more queries, please let me know and I will try to get some info for you...

He is going to email me the pics, so as soon as i get them ill post them here. Hope this puts a few minds at rest. :lol:
well it seems that the opening date is the 6th june. it still leaves me a bit concerned as that is the date we arrive. still dont know what to make of it all.only 11 days to go so i will soon find out what i have let myself in for
alan. jill southampton
hope all works out for you alan , and for the rest of us
hi again just wondered if any bodys recieved any photos yet
we are still worried that this hotel wont be ready for the 6 june
and it is only 10 days to go
alan-jill southampton
hello all any body heard any more news yet :? isuppose no news is good news.any way what is sunny beach like.just in case we make it we usally go to turkey in a way i wish we still were but we just fancied a change.it seems to me that the holiday agents dont like to tell you any thing.once they get your money.we dont know wheather to pack our hard hats and toe tecktors any way only 9 days to go. so we will soon find out. if there is inter net cafe i will send a report back.
alan-jill southampton
Hi
I too am booked into sunny beach resort but not until 1st August so hopefully it should ok by the time I go. Sure everything will work out well for you, I was in same position last year as we went the Royal Park in Elenite. Sunny Beach is a lovely resort, everything is sooooo cheap. This is the only time that i have booked to go to the same country 2 years in a row, normally like to go to different places. If your into (fake) designer labels take a spare suitcase with you, we bought loads of stuff last year, and its good quality, found its washed and weared better than the genuine labels! The food and drink is ridicuously cheap as well. I would recommend that you take a woolly for night time (or buy one there) as I found it got a bit chilly at night - I tend to feel the cold though, husband wore just t-shirt. The airport at Bourgas is awful so don't rely on that to buy any souveneirs on the way home.
Ask away if you want to know anything else.
I'd really appreciate if/when you do get there you let us know what its like on your return. Have a great time.
Hi everyone,

I travel to to Iberostar Sunny Beach on the 17th June and have recieved this letter from First Choice today, which is as follows:

Dear --------
Thank You for booking your holiday to Iberostar Sunny Beach Resort in Bulgaria with First Choice departing on 17-JUN-2005.

Bulgaria is becoming a very popular destination for British travellers and is continuously being developed.

During the Winter months, varioius projects started in the resort of Sunny Beach to construct new facilities, such as, new hotels and apartments.

Initially, all work was due to stop by 1 June 2005, in line with Bulgarian legistration. However, our resort staff now believe that this work will continue until the end of June 2005, regardless of the legistation.

Work is at various stages, which includes plastering the external walls and general internal and external work. Work is also continuing on the new hotels to develop the main swimming pools and surrounding areas.

Due to the nature of this work, some noise and dust may be experienced. We can confirm that the contractors will do their best to ensure noise levels will be kept to a minimun.

Allthough the projects have nothing to do with First Choice, we fully understand how important your holiday is to you and appreciate the time that you have taken in choosing this holiday. It is for this reason that we felt it important, that you are made fully aware of the situation, as you will come accross work taking place whilst out and about in the resort of Sunny Beach.

As always, our team in Sunny Beach along with the hotel staff will make it their business to ensure you have a fabulous holiday.

Sincerly
Customer Services

Imagine some have allready had this letter or it is in the post! but just though I would let you all know. It does sound like the work is with the resort and not the Hotel!I am not to bothered though as am sure we will still have a great holiday, will just make sure I take my minidisc player to block out the noise and sunglasses to stop the dust getting in my eyes!! Hope you all have a great Hol! :D
Hey look what ive found -

http://www.sigma-equity.com/hotels.php?id=3#gal

This is the hospitality group that will be running the catering - i think

See you on the 13th guys!!!

Lets hope the inside is finished - LOL

Jamie Borland :D
ive posted a picture taken on the 25th may of the hotel as promised , go have a look . its in the gallery in the upload section.

happy holidays.
Just checked out the sigma link, notice how the pictures arent of ground level?....

dont know if my uploaded picture worked , id be happy to send it by email if any you guys wanted it.
Managed to access your photo - very interesting!!! Got it through the slide show.

Emailed sigma to see if they had anymore photos

will post back my findings if they reply

Jamie borland

Then select Slideshow.

EDIT:

The picture seems to be gone.. I have it on my computer at home, so I can send it by mail tonight if anyone wants it.

Just email me!

Edit to remove email address. (Photo has probably been moved from the Upload album to the Bulgaria album.) luci - HT Mod
Hi all,

Lesley Jane has been on the phone to me this morning (Tuesday 31st)and she has asked me to pass on the message that the the MAIN part of the Iberostar hotel is finished but there is still a lot of work going on there, she has taken some photographs.

I haven't been part of this forum but I hope you all get your holidays sorted and have a great time.

Shell :)
Hi all

How do I get to view the pic of the Iberostar? Can't find it in the photo album bit. Any ideas anyone? I'm due to go out there on the 13 June, and would like to see what it really looks like at themoment!

Crunchie
Hi Crunchie, Lesley has take some photo's so I'm sure she'll send them on to anyone who wants to see them when she returns :D
hi, read with interest all the reports on sunny beach. we were going to sun sand city in primorsko, with first choice, but this has been withdrawn from the brochure so we don't know where we are going yet! (hols start 12th aug.) any one in the same boat as us?
Hi I have managed to find a puter (thanks Shell)

I'm sorry guys but I think it is very very unlikely that this hotel will be open for a while.
And certainly not by the 6th of June (if thats the date you have been given)
I have walked past this hotel this morning and there is a huge amount of work still to be done.
Also around the grounds, which is a building site. There are a lot of people working on it at the moment.
I have taken a couple of photos of it for you which I will post on Saturday morning when I return. You can then make up your own minds, to when you think it will be completed. I will try and take some more for you, but I recieved a certain amount of attention when I took the couple this morning.
(might be best if I pm photos, let me know who wants to see them)
Sorry its not better news
LJ
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.