Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
maby the hotel wont even be ready in time , after reading som horror sotries from last year about royal park hotell
hi champ,some advice you will read of quite often is do not use the change booths that seem to be on every street corner,they will rip you off,stick to hotels and banks,only take clean notes.any with small tears or writing on will not be accepted.
as for food you can get whatever you want.the meats fab and its very cheap to eat and drink around the resort.loads of bars and eateries.dead cheap, :glynis
Hi Champ,me and the family are booked in there too on the 17 th of july.
Been having the same problem as yourself,there is no information about this hotel readily available.
All i can suggest is you go to the official iberostar website and email them from there.
I posted about this ages ago,if you have a look through the older posts you may find it and there is a guy who posted on it who told me he was in contact with the hotel manager who told him work was nearly finished and would be completed by early 2005,and that only some small tidying up was left to do.
Don`t know how true this was but i can tell you iam getting a bit nervous about this and will be talking to my travel agents very soon just to confirm the hotel is indeed finished.
hi , i sent a mail to iberostar manager few days ago , got an answer yesterday , she then told me the hotel will be done by late may , so all good she said , seemed as a very nice lady and explained that they cant put out much info yet , or pics as its not done yet , as soon as the hotell is done they will lay out pics she said , and she allso said that she will send me the pics personally when she get them :-)

and if you wanna have a look at a drawing of the hotel just look at the link below , hotel looks AWESOME

http://www.bgtours.de/cgi/hview.pl?CFG=burgas&OrtID=2&HotID=10

luckily jane from this forum is going to SB in late may , i have talked to her and she said she could go and have a look at the hotell, and look if it looks to be done in time , and i appritiate that :-)
but got a letter just before christmas from first choice saying it wont be ready we go the 3rd June. We had to change accomodation and are now staying at the victoria palace. I myself emailed the hotel and they said it would be ready in may so I am annoyed with first choice. The only thing is that the newly built hotels over there tend to have lots of teething problems so I dont know wether it is for the best but the hotel does sound brill if its all its cracked up to be.

Diane,
so.... your travel agency says it will NOT be done , and the hotel says it WILL be done, strange that they dont cooperate on this issue .
i talked to me travel agency and they seemed to have gotten info from the hotel owners about the progress .
Maybe this is just First Choice having learned their lesson from last year's Royal Park fiasco, and being overly cautious??
so..... first choice says that the "iberostar sunny beach resort" will not be done by 3rd june ?
yes
thats what first choice told us so we have had to change to another hotel.
Hi all,

We are staying(hopefully) in this hotel in July 05, I found this info in a press release on Iberostar website.

Openings in the Eastern Mediterranean and North Africa:

- In Montenegro, a new destination for Iberostar on the coast of the Adriatic, the Iberostar Bellevue will open in May.
- In Greece, the Iberostar Regency Beach in Corfu and the Iberostar Mirabello Hotel & Village in Crete will be inaugurated in spring.
- In Tunisia the Iberostar Solaria and the Iberostar Belisaire, both with their own thalasso-therapy centre, will open their doors in spring.
- In Bulgaria, the Iberostar Sunny Beach Resort, on the shores of the Black Sea, will take in its first guests at the beginning of the summer.
Hi,

We are seven people going to Iberostar Sunny Beach Resort 21 st of June.
After reading this discussion I was a bit worried, and called my Norwegian Agency Apollo to ask them. They told me that the Hotel will be ready when the season starts in May. Otherwise they would have been notified long time ago.

Apollo is in my opinion a good and thrustworty travel agency, so I believe it will be ready.

Anyhow, I promise to post a reply here as soon as I get down there to give you a update on the hotel.

i am allso going with apollo , but i am going in august , and i hope and think the hotel will be ready
Are you an Norwegian Champ? If you want some info about Sunny Beach and Bulgaria, you can email me and I`ll give you some tips.
This will be my third trip to Bulgaria, and if this trip is half the fun I`ve had the two times before it will be a perfect holiday.

*Edit email removed to protect member from spam mail. Please use PM facility - Glynis*
yes i am norwegian , this will be our first trip to bulgaria , we are 5 freinds that travel together every year , but never been to bulgaria before .
my worries is that they will open this hotell without it being completley finished , like parts of the hotel is done but not all etc etc , i want it ALL done before i go :-)
BTW: im from Tromsø ... where are you from ?
I have stayed in an Iberostar hotel in Tunisia twice and it was fantastic. The hotel was spotlessly clean and the food and drinks of a good standard.
I hope this hotel opens on time as I'm sure it will be fab!
We are 7 people from Fredrikstad, so we are typical "søringa", but two of us have family in Vesterålen and around Narvik.
I`ll let you know when i get there how it looks, and if its all finish.

Anyway, send me a e-mail if you want more info.
cool, i am originally from Vesterålen , moved here to tromsø 9 years ago.

sound good that iberostar seem to have good quality on their hotels , hopefully this one will keep the good standerd :-)
Just to let you know I emailed Iberostar direct and they have advised me that this hotel will be ready to receive it's first visitors on 1st June. But couldn't provide any photographs as yet!
yes i have been told that too, my question though would be in what condition the hotel will be , will it be ALL done , or will some ereas be closed \half done , thats what i worrie about , i dont wanna live on a hotel that isnt all done , maby one of the pools is closed or 1 section of the hotel , if u know what i mean! i want to know for sure that the hotel is COMPLETLEY done
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.