Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi sassy020304,

I have seen some 'dropped pavements' in the cities to facilitate wheelchair access for crossing roads but that is about it as far as accessibility awareness goes in Bulgaria.

I am sure that Bulgarian people will be welcoming & accommodating, but the societal infrastructure is very limited as far as mobility & accessibility is concerned.

Baldur
Hi Sassy

I have never stayed at the Laguna so I can't comment on that but we stayed at a new hotel Mena Palace last year and although it did have ramps they were so steep it was almost impossible to get a double buggy up (one in front of the other not side by side) let alone a wheel chair. It was the only gripe we had against the hotel. I know other hotels were much better for wheel chair access tho.
The resort is flat so you should have not problems with hills. The pavements were very high and not of a very good standard, however on the plus side there were many dips (sorry can't think what they are called :lol: ) to get on and off the pavements. If I remember rightly the more central part of the resort the pavements were of a better standard.
I haven't a clue how accommodating the Bulgarians are with severely disabled people. But they were nice people.
Hope this hasn't been a too disheartening reply.
I'm sure others will be able to tell you more.
Good luck and have a great hol :D
Thank's, sound pretty much like we were expecting, on the plus side the bulgarian people sound very friendly and we have found in other countries the help from the locals make up for the problems with access. (with the exception of Spain and France where they were awfull )Never been to Bulgaria before but have been told it is very similar to Turkey where we have had no problems at all apart from the constant stream of free cocktail and kisses my daughter recieved everwhere we went. Lucky Girl!!!!!!!!!!!
The Laguna Park is situated not far from the resort centre. The locality is very flat and there was a bit of building going on last year in the vicinity but it should be fine for this year. As this part of SB has a lot of newer hotels the roads are in a decent state and as transport is restricted in SB so don't have to worry.( apart from the main road that is)
You will find the people very accomodating, nothing will be too much trouble for them.
We will be back in Sept staying at the hotel next to your's, The Iberostar Sunny Beach Resort. Hope you have a lovely time.

8) The Toonman
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.