Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Karen_uk,

You may find members Resort Report for Icmeler and Marmaris useful. The waves in the Marmaris Bay area are usually small, subject to wind and sea state of course but it's not really suitable for body boarding. There's mini golf in Marmaris, and I remember seeing a small one in Icmeler but I've not been in the last 12 months. There's lots of boat trips available from lazy days out to hops to Rhodes. Many can be booked from the sea front kiosks at reasonable prices. Ephesus/Pamukkale are still a fair drive from Icmeler; Ephesus is 3-3.5 hours away by coach. It's a good day out, but probably long and boring for a 9 year old.

Darren
Thank you :) I've been ploughing through the resort reports LOL

Im in a fog with this holiday because we'd actually been looking at Egypt. My son plays footie and has a contract with a club so we've been waiting for holiday fixtures etc to come out, plus with various other things going on I've left it late, but availability anywhere isn't very good.

So, thought we'd try a different place in Turkey. I have to say, I LOVED Olu and Turkey as a whole . . .I'd move there if I could LOL so it would be nice to go to somewhere different . . .

May still give ephesus a miss then, although he does quite like such things (his suggestion for our holiday this year was going to Rome to look at the Colliseum etc LOL
Golmar beach is in a great spot overlooking bay. Stayed there last year, no complaints, rooms a bit on small side but think it's the norm for 3*...

We tried to book for end of Aug, but, no dates for when we wanted, so would go back.

Have a geat time.
ah thats great to know, Ive emailed the hotel and asked if possible to have a higher room floor. Can you remember what they charge for air conditioning/fridges etc and do they have internet access or wifi if I take my netbook?

We were going to Egypt but the hotels we wanted were full and then budget reasons it changed a bit, then we found the Golmar and went to book and the hotel was full. We literally only booked this yesterday. So go on the 14th to the 28th.
We fly out on the 10th August.
Golmar is at the far end of the beach near to the marina.
Three decent bars on your doorstep.
Liberty.Deniz Kapisi and the Harmony Show Bar (Drag Show) ,but an entance fee of 15lira is charged in the latter but your first drink is free.

At the other end of the beach from you near the Fantasia Hotel there is the Linekers bar on the sea front that has mini-golf and trampolines,about a 15 to 20 minute walk.
If you walk along the promenade for about 10 minutes to your left you will come to the canal area,this is very scenic especially at night when everything is lit up.
Here there is plenty of entertainment.
Plenty of bars restaurents etc in the near vicinity.

Gene
thats fab thank you :) he will be pleased with the mini golf LOL and I checked out some photos today and the whole place looks lovely. We really like having somewhere to wander around in the evenings, stop for drinks occasionally etc and the canal pics do look wonderful . . .am beginning to look forward to it now LOL
A wee tip about the crazy golf. We were in Icmeler about 3 weeks ago and went there with the kids for a game about 11.30am and to say it was cooking hot I thought I was going to keel over after 9 holes. Wait till evening time they have big flood lights and its more pleasant. There is a small cafe that serves loads of things at a good price a nice change of evening for a family.
thanks stoddy, it is an evening thing that we do when we're away. Olu doesnt have one lol but last year we were surrounded by them in Florida, its just a nice way to spend an hour or so after dinner one evening . . .altho my son is uber competitive even at mini golf! lol
Hi

Heading to Marmaris at end of August, have been before , but have never seen the mini golf, would love to take my wee grandson to that he loves golf, can someone tell me where abouts in marmaris it is

Thanks

Jen
It's on the main walk way off the beach just along from the water park!
thanks, can't believe I never knew there was one in Marmaris

Jen
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.