Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Why not go into Alicante, it will be your nearest place, I would think the trams from the airport would be regular. Alicante is a beautiful city, should be enough here to keep you busy.Don`t forget a lot of the shops wil be closed in the afternoon for siesta so buy what you want straight away, or youcould just get it from the airport.There are plenty of places for a nice lunch.

Benidorm would be a bit far as by train it takes 1 hour from Alicante city.
Thanks for your message Christine but as this was the first time I have travelled by myself I wanted to go to a "british" type of resort and have a stroll along the beach, is there a beach in Alicante? Do most people speak English? Where od I get the tram and how much?

Sorry for all the questions.

P.S. Are the cigs (L&B) about 29.50 euros?

Thanks
JO
Hi,
I would agree that there is not enough time to go into Benidorm and have any useful time. Alicante is a lovely city with a nice beach and beautiful Esplanade.
When you come out the terminal, cross over the road and there are 2 bus stops. I think from memory it is number C-6 bus into Alicante. It takes about 30 to 40 minutes depending on traffic and costs 1 euro. I was also there for just a few hours and had trouble finding anywhere selling cigarettes but there is now a Tabac just outside the Airport where you could get your cigarettes just before checking in. (best check their opening times though)
As far as I am aware tobacco prices are standard throughout Spain and you can check them at this site http://www.eurotabaco.es
I have had a look at the bus timetable (under Airport Information near the top of this Forum)
If you have luggage to collect you would be extremely lucky to catch the Benidorm bus at 13.00. It is more likely you would get the one at 14.00 arriving in Benidorm at 14.50.
You would then have to get the bus back from Benidorm at 16.00 to arrive at the Airport at 16.55. You also would need to allow time to get from the Bus Station in Benidorm to the beach and back. I think you would need a taxi and would probably find you had less than half an hour to have your walk on the beach and do your shopping. The bus is 7€ each way and a taxi from the bus station to the front will be 3 or 4€ each way but I have found in Benidorm taxis are few and far between in the afternoons.
Much as I love Benidorm I would not want the hassle for such a short time.
Unfortunately I do not speak Spanish and did not meet any English speakers in Alicante other than a lovely elderly Spanish lady on the bus who advised me about shops and the best place to get off the bus but I managed OK. A smile and 'Por favor' Esplanada or Marina got me directions. For lunch I knew the names of some dishes and pointed on the menu to what I wanted.
I did enjoy my afternoon in Alicante. Loads of seats to relax and enjoy the sun in February.
Thanks Helen I don't think I will bother, I was toying with the idea but decided against it. I'll write again and let you all know how I got on.

Jo
why not try the village of el altat ,its only 5-10 minutes away (by taxi) if you carry on to gran alicant you can go on the beach and there are a few nice restaurants for lunch :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.