Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Does anyone know how long should it take before you can track the progress on the VFS website?

Royal Mail say received VFS say no?

Only been a day so it's a bit too early.

Twitching already
I know this is a daft question, the answer is most probably staring at me, I have just spent 4 hours completing this visa application, on-line, the site kept on closing down and throwing me out but it is all done and paid for now, except where do I send it to, is it the High Commission of India, Aldwych?
I am fairly certain that you don't send it to Aldwych.
IIRC it goes to VHS but cannot remember their address, it should be on their site though.
Just wait for someone else to confirm this before you send the passports though!
Thanks for the answer Del949 I knew the answer was staring at me it has got to be sent to Hayes.
gayleanne wrote:
I know this is a daft question, the answer is most probably staring at me, I have just spent 4 hours completing this visa application, on-line, the site kept on closing down and throwing me out but it is all done and paid for now, except where do I send it to, is it the High Commission of India, Aldwych?

If your posting your applications you should have firstly set the justification as London.
When you have completed paid and signed the declaration.
You post it to the Hayes address show on the instruction side of the VSF website.
If you have made a mistake at this point you will either have to hand deliver them to the consulate chosen if possible or you will have to refund the application (option on the payment page) and start again.
If your having trouble there are guides on Trip advisor.

Let's hope you've done it right though

Steve
SteveandJayne wrote:
gayleanne wrote:

If your posting your applications you should have firstly set the justification as London.
When you have completed paid and signed the declaration.
You post it to the Hayes address show on the instruction side of the VSF website.
If you have made a mistake at this point you will either have to hand deliver them to the consulate chosen if possible or you will have to refund the application (option on the payment page) and start again.
If your having trouble there are guides on Trip advisor.

Let's hope you've done it right though

Steve

Thanks for that, I have checked it all and I have got it done, and this time I have even signed in the right box underneath the photo, ha ha Thanks
We travel on the 7th I put 6th on one application.
Let's just hope its not too critical?
SteveandJayne wrote:
We travel on the 7th I put 6th on one application.
Let's just hope its not too critical?

No you will be allright on that because the visa starts from the date they process it. The travel dates are not put on the visa.
Should be ok I know but until there back it's never a done deal
It is damned annoying when you check and check, and they then send it back over the stupidest of reasons. When I first started going to Goa, ten years ago, it seemed to be much simpler. And I cant see it getting any better when they start visa's on arrival, there are bound to be obstacles, and hoops to jump through.
I don't know if you're like me.
You always get the form filling for visas, passports, embarkation cards and immigration cards
I think it's our 14 year and we usually average 2 trips a year.
Why we can't be made honorary Indian Nationals I don't know ;-) We've visited "home" more times than most British Indians.
Perhaps we need to forget about coming back?????

Yep Del that is over 50 forms and still can't get it right. Lol
Checked again this morning and still nothing
Just tried again and it says they have been pre checked.

Must be getting busy
Update

Your application/s have been dispatched to The High Commission of India.
Well we have gone from at the HCI. To being collected and delivered.

The one thing it doesn't say is if the application was granted.
tomorrow will be D day
fingers crossed for you! All your preparations can't count for nothing :D
Yes they have been granted, otherwise, they would have been sent back to you. I got the same message yesterday, which is damned quick, as I didn't post it off until last friday.
But would they not use the same method of return if there was a problem?

As it is Jayne was out when they tried to deliver them.
Now redirected to work tomorrow

Cheers

Steve
Passports back.
Visa intact
Countdown started
Phew! Always a relief when they come back,our countdown has started we go next Friday then again in March have managed an extra trip to justify the price of the visa and no further hassle of visa application :D have a good holiday
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.