Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Visa application posted Tuesday, just got visas today, Saturday.

Looks like the increased costs are reducing workload down inHayes!
We were asked on check in yesterday if we intended to return within 2months,only a young lad seemed new to the job,any updates?
its official....i HATE filling in the visa forms !!!!
J
Does anybody know how much detail they want on parents place of birth? What happens if you havent a clue and they have died? Of if you are adopted?
Don't hold me responsible if it doesn't work, but I'd guess. I don't think it's checked.

I know over the years I have (accidentally) put two different answers - one a region and the other a place and the visas were granted.
only ever have put parents place of birth as UK and had no issues.

Just finished doing my apps and having checked 3 times that everything was correct, paid for them and printed out .......THEN I noticed that I had put the wrong issue date for my passport, 2012 instead of 2011
ARRGH!!!
fingers crossed!
Good luck Del. Keep us posted. I made a very small mistake on mine, two letters wrong on the UK referees postcode, but hoped they wouldn't check it, and I got the visa OK.

Beats me why we cant just send proof of our previous visa, fill in the new travel dates and for everything else put "same as previous".
posted this morning and will keep you all informed.
I can't believe that they bother to check every bit of info on the form but was/am concerned that the system may computer check against passport agency data base.
Having said that, I doubt that the UK passport agency just allow anyone to access their records.
The assessment of your application is complete and your processed passport has been dispatched through DX/Royal Mail. Thank you

just tracked progress and got this.
Does this mean it is on it's way back to me?
If so that's fantastic, I only posted it yesterday!
or does it mean it is on the way to the embassy?
It will be a record if its done already. I have just sent mine off so now the nervous wait
It means VFS have checked and found it to be OK and so forwarded to the High Commission.
I have just booked a flight to Goa and have been informed by the travel agent that the visa application procedure has recently changed, does anyone know of any recent changes? have had a good look and can't find any difference from my last application 2years ago :que

can you send 2 passports in 1 SD envelope?

thanks silentman
Silentman
You can send 2 passports in one SDE but need to enclose 1 each for the return.

I can't recollect any major changes over the last couple of years but then again, it all seems to blur once I've done the applications.
I think the 2" x 2" photos have been in longer than 2 years.....
They are coming back pretty quick though.

There's a great step-by-step guide to the application process on TA forum.
Thanks Prettypollycat thought that was the case, had completed the online application then received email from travel agent which got me confused, half the time they don't know up to date details and just confuse people, I looked on T/A for the guide but the one I found didn't work, going to post application today still got 4 weeks before we go so time for any problems.
Thanks Mobor one, thought that return so quick was too good to be true!
Silentman - I bet the changes they are referring to is the increase in cost.
Just had the email. Theyve been passed and are on the way back. And relax

:glynis
Me too Hullsmoggy, well had the email to say they have been processed and are waiting for courier, doesn't actually say they have been granted!!! :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.