Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi Cromwell.

yes there are internalflights in Bulgaria Wizz Air fly between Varna and Sofia and if memory serves air via also have internal flights, also Bulgaria air have flights hope this helps.
:wave:
Hi Cromwell,

If you go to the Sofia Airport website (click on the Union Flag/Stars & Stripes icon if it's shown in Bulgarian) and put your anticipated date of travel into the relevant box, select 'Departures' and 'Varna', you will be shown all flights leaving to Varna on that date.

See the Varna Airport website for return flights.

Baldur

P.S. It's about 5.5 - 6 hours by car from Sofia to Varna (on a good day). ;)
<Edit> Ticket prices, as usual, depend on airline & when you fly, e.g.

Wizzair (random March dates) prices vary from 19.97 Leva to 58.98 Leva each way.

Bulgaria Air/Hemus Air (random March dates & flight times) 157.48 Leva to 204.42 return.

The Air Via website shows both Sofia & Varna as departure airports but only lists destinations in Germany, rather than internal flights between the two.
As Baldur said you have quite a few options for flights to Varna, I assume the planes are newer now, many years ago we flew to Sophia and then onto Varna, much to the dismay of our youngest 2 daughters the internal flight was on a propeller plane, cue from said daughters - I'm not getting on that, its too old etc, to which they were told well you either go by coach or get on it, they did board and survived...... Having said that apparently the coach from Sophia to Varna is ok, there is also the train, which again is apparently an experience, not one that I have ever had though.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.