Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Last year we flew with Jet Airways, We had to collect our luggage, take it to an xray machine (30 min. queue) hand it back to the Jet desk, queue for free trasfer bus to the domestic channel, (30 min. queue). All this was in the middle of the day, all in all it took about just under 3 hrs. from landing to arriving in the domestic terminal Mabey it is better at other times. We originaly had a 3hr. transfer time but it had been changed to 5 hr before we left so I suspect the transit time we experienced was not unusual for that time of day Alan
jcbrum, as well as what gramps has said, you need to allow a lot longer than 90 mins, my flight to Mumbai was delayed for an hour, and the collection / re-checking in of luggage, security checks ect took about an hour during a quite period. I would say about 2 1/2 to 3 hours minimum.

Lin
Cheers lin,i've booked my flights to Mumbai and have a wait of 4 and half hours for my connecting flight to Goa so that should be plenty of time.

john
John, the airport transfer is indeed an experience, if you smoke you can sit next to the driver or I should say the drivers assistant, he is the guy that hangs out of the window trying to stop the other drivers from undertaking when the bus needs to turn left, sometimes it even works.

The driving in Bombay is entertaining, when an auto rickshaw tries to intimidate a bus driver into giving way, that will bring a few expletives into the conversation.

Enjoy your transfer, when I came home last time, late, I was fast tracked through by jet airways ground staff.

Lez
It should be interesting if nothing else.Flying down to Goa with Kingfisher air 35 pounds.

john
Hi, just found a cheap return flight to Goa from Mumbai with Deccan Airlines, but reading the small print the baggage allowance is only 15kg then R70 for each extra kg. Has anyone actually flown with this airline?
thanks
Try kingfisher booked a one way flight for Mumbai to Goa for 35 pounds,and there weight limit is 25kg.

john
We have just booked with Deccan for the 22nd Oct and total cost for 2 adults is £32 so still a bit to play with for the baggage allowance.

But must admit, did miss the small print!

Regds

Boyd
I looked at Deccan but the times wern't any good for me.

john
Hi
Have taken the plunge and booked with Deccan, return flights 10th and 30th September....£76.00 all in for two of us. With those prices you can afford to pay a bit of excess baggage! Only worry is the website says if plane is overloaded your luggage may be left behind. Some of their planes are those small 42 seaters..that worries us a little and it makes the journey 1.5 hours instead of the normal 1hour. Anyway, quite looking forward to the experience!!

Michelle
Forgot to say on reading their terms on the website, they operate a 'lean and mean' staff ratio to passengers. Maybe it'll just be the passengers and the pilot and possibly a rear gunner!!
Hi Towpal, Can you please let me know which site you booked the internal flight on, I need to book one. Many thanks.
Getting to Mumbai early November and decided to fly down to Goa, arrival Mumbai early hours, would prefer a flight early am rather than waiting untill lunch time, think Kingfisher do one at 06.30 which would suit fine, any sugestions as to best site to book on or to do through travel agent? Also luggage weight restrictions and if and what applies? Many thanks in anticipation. :D
Indian Airlines have a flight at 5.30 in the morning,

Lin
Hi there
booked our flight with INVALID URL sorry don't know how to do links.
Michelle
I am booked on the 05.30 Indian Airlines on the 13th Sept down to Goa,flew Deccan last December although very cheap you get what you pay for,the plane will hold no more than 30 pax and you feel every single movement the plane makes,flight only took 55 mins though not 1.30 as they are now saying,never felt so relieved to get off a plane before.
Just found flight Mumbai to goa £89 return for 2 passengers with Spice jet own web site.
Has anyone used this airline,is it a good deal?
Spicejet are an excellent airline - I used them Goa / Mumbai in May and had no problems. I've recently had an e-mail from them to say that they have some RED HOT DEALS for the whole of September (anyone interested get in there now!!). The offers start from RS99/- plus tax on selected sectors.

GFF xx
Hi Airportbry
Not flown with them but I believe they are ok, budget lowcost airline. I have booked with Deccanair for about the same price, they were the only ones who had our connection times. Reading these threads, I think I would prefer SpiceJet. Deccanair look a bit scary!
There are not many airlines who sell at the low prices to Non Indians so just double check their terms and conditions.
Michelle
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.