Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
:shock: thats it, Towpal you've help make up my mind.....it's India Air for us to fly back from Goa to Mumbai

thanks Jayne :wave
Hi
We are flying out to Goa soon, the long way, via Heathrow and Mumbai. We will arrive into Mumbai (international) just after midnight, and leave at 06.30 (from the domestic airport I presume). Sounds great fun with two kids (10, 7) with us :roll:

On the way home we leave Goa at 4 pm but don't fly out of Bombay until about 2 am. How long does check in take in Goa? Do you think any of us will still be speaking to each other after the return trip??

Any hints and tips gratefully received.
Flying from Goa to Mumbai you only need to be there about 1 hour before the flight. It is much quicker getting through than an international flight.
Sam I will have to disagree, on both occasions I have gone through Mumbai It has taken nearer 2 hrs from disembarking to getting to the departure lounge.
Sweetchilli the last time I came back we had the same problem of a long wait, when coming out of the domestic terminal we were approached by a Mumbai hotel rep who asked if we wanted to go to the hotel for a few hrs, you pay for a room by the hour and can have a meal, freshen up ect, It was dearer than Goa but well worth the money, and you are transfered to and from the airport.
Today had a call to say my flight was cancelled [BMI on Thurs] but luckily have been transfered on a Jet airways flight.
as far as check in for domestic flights from Goa to other Indian Airports I would say 60 min. is ample time as you get through quite quickly , as far as the long transit at Mumbai is concerned in the departure lounge at Mumbai there are relaxing seats that you can rest on and get your feet up much the same as in the likes of KL airport in Malayasia ( Keeps them out the road of the Rats) only joking! Seriously they are fine for snoozing on if you are tired, but Lin Bs suggestion seems better if you are'nt a worrier like me who would be terrified the pick up woud'nt arrive and you'd miss the flight Alan
Sweetchilli, I agree with Sam - an hour is more than adequate when flying Goa to Mumbai especially with kids.
Check in procedure for domestic flights at Goa is quick and painless, be warned though that the Indian tourists don't do Queues and tend to push to the front regardless of the fact that YOU are standing in line.

GFF xx
We're flying with Jet Airways vai Mumbai on the 20th Oct (also with 2 kids!!) so thanks for the info, especially re: checking in times for Goa to Mumbai on the return! Is it easy to change money in Mumbai Airport? as I've read the exchange rate is not so good at Dabolim. has anyone flown with Jet? - they seem ok.
Gramps the 'pick up' was the hotels courtesy bus, which had us back in plenty of time, we were able to shower have a meal and a few drinks and felt really relaxed for our on-going flight,

Lin
We were told today that out jet airways flight on the 6 Nov via heathrow to mumbi has been changed from 21.25 pm to 21.05pm and therefore would have to also change the onward flight to Goa at 12.30 pm as there would not be time to catch it,we now are booked on the 14.35 to Goa.
Am waiting for comfirmation on this tommorw.Will let you know.
I have flown with Jet and found them A1

lez
Them's the best -as my little neice would say!
thanks everyone, that is really useful info for us.

Lin, that's a very interesting idea about a few hours in a hotel room, especially as we'll arrive about 6 pm but don't fly on until 2.30 am. At least we could keep the kids contained!
just think how many bags they handel in one day and how much
money they make, compare this to the road workers and how
much money they dont get.I for one will not let the porters touch
my bags,only wished i was on as much money a hour sorry but
thats how i feel. :evil:
i quite agree, they get £1 per bag for taking it 10 yards, and the poor waiters/chefs/etc hardly get that in a day!!!

i shall hold on to mine and put on my scary face !!! :lol: :twisted: :evil:
For years I have given £2 or £3 out in the airport but now I know after reading on H/Ts in goa £1 is a days pay .to some people in goa ..........no way will I give those porters a bean ....and I think a lot of the members think the same as me .....colleen........
Hi all....
i never give anymore to the airport staff...."RIP OFF"...last year i went to meet my brother at the airport...he came out the week after us....i was waiting outside near departure exit....i over heard the "porters" laughing at the idea of getting a pound off the next lot of tourists for doing nothing.....save your pound and give it to someone who needs it.....
I quite agree, the porters are really annoying at times, they lift your cases off before you get a chance to find them.

When i was returning to the UK this April, it was an early morning flight so we got to Dabolim about 4am, i couldnt be bothered arguing with the porter to take my cases in, and when they went through the xray machine, the porter asked for £1, but i only had enough english money on me to see me through the flight, so i gave him 50rupees, and he wasnt happy at all.
Give em nowt!!!!!! As said before very easy money for them compared to what road workers etc get paid, they have been known to get quite aggressive in their demands when people stand up to them.
I must be really unlucky, from landing in Mumbai it took 3 HOURS 10 MINS until we arrived at the domestic terminal.

Lin
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.