Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I'd be interested to know whether it was!!

Roma, I arrived on January 4th and was on the bus in the domestic terminal waiting to be taken to the plane in 1 hour 20 minutes approx ;)
thanks guys! - I decided to play it safe and we are staying over the night in mumbai and catching the early flight down to Goa, after all the bad luck we have had with Kingfisher, I am not tempting fate. Mumbai airport website says allow 3 hours between non-connecting flights, so if wed miss the last evening flight to Goa, we'd have no real comeback! off tonight - cannot wait :D
Have a great time Nigel, it's very hot at the moment and night time is getting fairly humid :)
cheers :D not been back for two years, and never been in April - but hopefully we will survive the heat :sun2 !! (not drinking kingfisher tho!!!!! --- well only if desperate :cheers
Roma, I arrived on January 4th and was on the bus in the domestic terminal waiting to be taken to the plane in 1 hour 20 minutes approx

That's great, Tony. I think it must all depend on the day! We waited an hour and a half at baggage reclaim and then had to fight our way through to the bus and then sprint to the Internal flight desk....and we had missed the flight. On paper we had 2hrs 50 minutes to transfer. Then a nine hour wait until the next flight. Not a great start to a holiday! :cry
Well having done it now!, I agree - think it very much depends on the day and time of arrival. As it turns out we could have done it in just over 1 and a half hours!! on the outward trip - BUT Mumbai airport says allow 3 Hours and they will not be responsible if by allowing less, you miss a flight. Coming back was a different story - we had 3 hours 50 mins to get from the domestic to international terminal and it took just OVER 3 hours, mainly due to the massive queues at immigration. Tempted to book a direct charter next time......
From Dabolim airport where can one fly direct to other parts of India other thna Bombay which I know about?

Was thinking interms of jetting off somewhere for a couple of days during our intended 4 week stay in Goa next year.

many thansk
Pete
Look at this link and it shows flight departures from Dabolim. Mainly the big cities, Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore etc.

http://www.flightstats.com/go/FlightStatus/flightStatusByAirport.do?airportQueryType=0&airportCode=GOI

We wanted to fly to Kerala but there are no longer any direct flights.
Roma,

many thansk for that!! Yes, I was hoping we could fly to Cochin or somewhere like that! Never mind.

Would you also know where one could go by train for a few hours away or whatever. I really like going by train as well.
Hampi is a great place to visit and it's best done by train.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hampi

Virtually all the travel agents in Goa will have trips there. Just make sure your hotel (in Hospet) is reasonably good. There are some poor ones!
Anyone flown from Dabolim to Jaipur with Spicejet via Ahmedabad airport ?
Wan't to do a 3 - 4 day trip, Jaipur-Agra-Jaipur without the hassle of Delhi !
Any info on ease of transfer/reliability/comfort appreciated !

Thanks in advance.
I booked with Jet and fly into Mumbai and then get their connecting flight in the domestic terminal 1b how long will it take to get to this terminal please.
It takes about 10 to 15 mins in te free bus but there are often big queues and you could wait a while. We always go and get a taxi it's around 350 rupees or so takes a bit longer but we are usually dying to get outside for a fag so it's worth it
so do I have to collect my cases then get to terminal 1b even if I am on jetairways flight
Yes though you should be able to check them in before boarding the bus. On the way back they will checked through all the way from Goa. If you buy any bottles of duty free in London you must pack it in your hold luggage before the Mumbai to Goa flight
ok thanks..bit scared always flown direct..now doing this I am worried I miss my flight
Don't worry if your late in there will be jet staff waiting for you to rush you through.
thanks . Is it easy for me to know where to go to get to the terminal 1B ? I mean are they signs about .I have this awful image of Mumbai airport as just mass chaos
When you get off the plane at Mumbai it's sign posted for immigration once through there it's a short walk to collect your luggage it's signposted in luggage collection for the transfer (past the guys collecting the little slip from your arrival form and turn right) loads of people usually heading in same direction and staff around to ask. Don't worry just go with the flow you will be fine
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.