Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Just wondering what they have in place at the airport to deal with the backlog of delayed flights ? and how they are going to pass on relevent information that people will be requiring...
We all know how organised it is at the best of times :duh
There hasn't been much on here regarding folk's experiences with the ash cloud (unless I've missed something) To be honest, I doubt if you could spot chaos at Dabolim! What differences would you look for ? The charters will have sorted people before leaving the hotel. I think the independent travellers coming back via Mumbai or similar will have had most problems.
Can anyone help,

I am travelling from Heathrow to Goa next March with Kingfisher Airlines.We arrive at Mumbai at 11.00 a/m (terminal 2) and leave for Goa at 12.50 from (terminal 1 ).How do we get to terminal 1 and will our luggage be automatically transfered to the Goa flight.

Also is 1hour 50 enough time to transfer to the other flight

Any help would be greatly appreciated
You must collect your luggage in Mumbai on the outward flight and pass through customs( on the return you check it in at goa and it goes straight through to London). This is providing your connecting flights to goa is with the same airline.
If it is, you just go to the Domestic transfer area at Mumbai and they will take your luggage from you and transfer it to your goa flight. The connecting bus will then take you to domestic departures where you must clear security. The whole process usually takes about an hour to 1 hr 15 mins so you should have plenty of time. Remember if you have purchased any duty free liquid items at london on the way out you must put them in your luggage for the goa flight otherwise you will have them taken off you at security.
enjoy your trip.What were the flight prices like for March?
Noel
There will be no problems, Kingfisher have luggage waiting for you at Mumbai and a bus will take you to the next terminal. We did it in half an hour and all went smoothly. Coming back you check in at Goa and pick luggage up at Heathrow.
Thanks for your replies.

My flight is London to Goa via Mumbai have a week there then Goa to Bankok via Mumbai 8 days there then Bankok to London via Mumbai. Cost was £546 flying with Kingfisher only. I thought it was a very good price thats why I booked it.

Archielan
an hour and 50 minutes is cutting it a bit fine. However, the good thing is that you are with Kingfisher for both flights so they must be happy with the transfer time, and will certainly look after you.
Have to say that that is a fantastic price :D Any queries on Bangkok, stick them on the Thailand forum and they will be answered :)
We had the same worries as your having regarding the 1hr 50 mins with kingfisher flights dont worry we had plenty time to spare so there's no need for stressing out ;) the staff were very helpful telling you where and what you need to do to make it a enjoyable holiday i would'nt hesitate going with them again(apart from the meals) which i dont rate but thats a personnel choice..
Hi we did this in Febuary with Kingfisher ...no probs at all, everything was explained on the plane for on going travellers and all went really smoothly...it was 1st time going schedule for us with a change of planes, needless to say Im going back in November on my own and have had no hesitation in booking this way again ...enjoy
Thanks very much everyone for your help.
Can anyone help......Going to Goa in Feb 2011 and thinking about going to watch India v England in the world cup cricket in Kolkata (Calcutta) 27/2/2011, does anyone know the price of flights or could we do it by train, and how long would it take. Also what price would tickets be for journeys

The Preacher
Hi Preacher,
I looked on a couple of sites we have used for travel in India and here is a rough guideline for you.

Return flights are about 6,100rps per person.

This is the train journey :rofl
http://www.makemytrip.com/railways/goa_howrah_express-8048-train.html

I hope this is of some help!!!
Cheers Squigs

I will look them up, nearer the time

The Preacher
does anyone know if its still the usual check in with Qatar at Diabolic....or are they now accepting online checkin there?

i checked in online last year hoping it would be easier if they had a fast track checking desk :rofl ...but it made no difference.
Billy hun you cant use the term fast track and Dabolim in the same sentance :D :duh
Maz your right :rofl

just join the queues as usual and try and keep your blood pressure normal is the order of the day i think :D
Can anyone help......Going to Goa in Feb 2011 and thinking about going to watch India v England in the world cup cricket in Kolkata (Calcutta) 27/2/2011, does anyone know the price of flights or could we do it by train, and how long would it take. Also what price would tickets be for journeys
looked at this myself but it needed an overnight stay worked out at 120 includind match tickets and flights with spice jet indias version of ryan air :cry but we fly home on the 1st march early morning so i couldn't do it eden gardens will have afantastic atmosphere though iam really jealous if you do it :cheers
pieeater1uk

Any chance you could let me know what sites you looked on, just looked on spice jet website but the only flights I can see look as though it would mean 2 nights, also where did you look for tickets and hotels. If we do manage to make it I will put a report on here.

Cheers
The Preacher
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.