Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Has anyone used Air India to get to Goa?
Dont see much about them on here, was just wondering, thanks
you would need to go to the flights forum for info Gemma( which I see you have done now :) ). This is just for internal flights.
Yes thanks Fiona. Dazbo and imho have replied. Dont think I will bother using Air India :(
Hi Everybody
For everyone whos going to Goa via mumbia ive just came across this on the FCO web page

Please note that since 1 April 09 passengers are required to pay a new airport tax at Mumbai domestic and international terminals. For domestic flights, the fee is RS 100 and for international flights the fee is RS 600. The tax should already be included in the cost of airline tickets. However, if for any reason the tax is not included it will be collected at the airport check-in counter. You should therefore ensure you carry the appropriate amount in Indian rupees. If you wish to know in advance whether the tax has been included in the price of your ticket, please contact your travel agent or airline directly.

hopefully we are all covered but best to check now before arguing with officials at the airport
sharon
When we arrive at Mumbai (on route to Goa) in a couple of weeks time, we have then a 10 hour!!! wait for our next flight! Any ideas what we can do, where to rest etc. Hubby booked the flights and i am NOT a happy bunny lol :cry
Hi Nevis,

Can you not change your flight? I would ring and try.

Depending on the time of day you could go to see some of the sights around Coloba area, Gateway etc and get a meal, but make sure you allow time, travel across Mumbai at the wrong time is horrendous and it could easily take you over an hour each way, then time for getting out of the international airport up to an hour, checking in baggage scanning etc at the domestic about 30mins plus an hour before check in. So you should still have a good 5 hours. Alternatively you could book a hotel close to the airport get freshened up, get some sleep and be fresh when you arrive at Goa.
Check the India forums for Mumbai advice here CLICKY

Mids
If anyone is travelling to or from Mumbai on any Tuesday upto March,check your departure/arrival times.As a lot of flight times have changed due work on the runway.

John
Hi John we are returning from Mumbai Tuesday 8th dec on Jet Airways, flight is now 2hrs earlier
had phone call from Southall Travel on Sunday
annx
Thanks to Jet constantly changing our domestic flights,we've finished up with 5 hrs 15 min. between our arrival at Mumbai and our domestic Jet flight down to Goa There's a Jet lounge upstairs in the domestic derarture building but it's for first and business class and the upper levels of their frequent flier programme. I've searched all over, but cant find anywhere if you can pay to access it. Anyone any info on this, or any other way to pass the time. I dont mind but Helen's not the best longhaul traveller, and she's just had a pacemaker fitted, and wont be feeling her best after the flight from Glasgow-Dubai and Dubai-Mumbai. Alan
Does anyone who travelled with port of entry in Goa this season know if they had to go through a detector for swine flu? Also did they hand out declaration health forms on the plane? (not the usual entry/ exit forms) does everyone print off the (use loads of green ink) health forms through vsf global website? Yes I know its a drag.... :que
Has anyone been through immigration at Dabolim (or Mumbai) yet? curious to know how they are implementing the swine flu checks and is causing any additional choas?

Just had my "pig flu jab" through occupational health at work and got a photocopy of the vaccine batch number for proof of vaccination to carry with me.

GM06
Ian
Went through a week ago, no problems, just used the swine flu forms we got online Just took the forms off us and proceeded to immigration Whole process went smoothly
Alan
Help! whats this all about swine flu forms Do I need them I go through mumbai on the 10th December with Jet so I am panicing about them as well changing the flight times :yikes
You will need to present a health declaration form on arrival at immigration at Mumbai, were you will be screened for swine flu, I understand this entails passing through a thermal imaging camera which detects abnormal body temperature, you can download the form at http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/notices.aspx before you leave or obtain one from the cabin crew during your flight
During the last few weeks, The Thomson and Monarch flights have left Gatwick within a few minutes of each other - they are scheduled for 18:40 and 18:50 respectively. There must be some rivalry between the two flight crews as coming second into Dabolim has got to increase the chances of waiting for steps, fuel, ground power etc. - not to mention the lengthy queues if you're unlucky enough to have a plane load in front to begin with. Wonder why they didn't space them out a bit more as the Sunday check-in must be equally chaotic even by Goi standards?
Sounds like a bit of a nightmare. :( we're leaving on the saturday monarch flight. Although our paperwork shows us leaving at 18-10 hrs.
But we haven't got our tickets yet, so most likely that time will change. :que Ah well, still looking forward to 35 days time!!! :cheers :sun2
BOB.
We are leaving next Saturday on the Monarch flight and this has crossed our minds too.

We used to like the First Choice flight because it left Gatwick earlier and arrived earlier in Goa and we didn't have problems with crowding, but unfortunately, they no longer go to our favourite hotel.

I remember a few years ago (when we flew with Monarch) another charter flight arrived at the same time and we had to wait a while to get off and when we did, we had to wait by the side of the aeroplane while another plane was moving away from the terminal (I got sunburned). When we got inside the whole arrivals area was awash with people and it took two hours to get through Immigration. Once through we still had to wait for our luggage and even then we didn't know which carousel it would appear on. As we had arrived already feeling tired and crumpled, by the time we left the airport, we felt more tired and crumpled.

We have noticed, however, that over the years the process of getting through the airport has got faster as they have more immigration desks. What is annoying though is when you have people who have either not filled in their immigration forms or filled them in and left questions unanswered so hold up the line. They are nearly always in front of me! :D
What about on the way back, and having to stand outside the terminal in the sun waiting to get into the terminal; but I guess I will just have to wear a big hat! Once inside you can wait ages to get through immigration and the queue can get mingled in with those queueing to check in. What we have done in the last few years is to check in and then get a cup of tea in the little restaurant then go through immigration.
bobthebus, if your flight no. is showing as 2490, they seem to have settled into the 18:50 slot from Gatwick. sydney, we found that little restaurant- before all the controls, a few years ago as well. Great place to get over the check-in ordeal and spend whatever Rupees you have left. Goa is one destination where the 'holiday experience' does not include arrival and departure! Having said that, the 13.5 days we are not at Dabolim usually makes up for that.
So, the race is on for next Saturday........sydney wearing Monarch colours verses ourselves in the Thomson strip!!!! Excitement mounts!! If we're really unlucky, the Russians will have put their jumbo jet down 10 mins before both of us!! Might be a good idea to pack the cossie and suncream in hand baggage :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.