Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
We were there yesterday aswell. The immigration is a disgrace, why does it take so long to stamp your passport. Took 2 hours after checking bags in to queue to get through immigration. Like the previous poster says the russians believe they do not have join the queue and that they can just push to the front hence quite a few raised voices including ours. Got through immigration with 5 mins before take off. Its a shame as arriving in Goa 2 weeks ago I was surprised how easier the Diabolim experience was compared to previous years.
Does'nt sound very promising, is this happening with all departures or is it just certain times of the day. Last year we were on the 1st morning flight out and that was'nt to bad until it came to getting on to the plane. They then decided to try and get 2 flights out together...then sheer chaos ....something at which the staff at Diabolical have come quite good at.....Keith
Keith,
Sunday Mornings have A Thompson and Monarch to Gatwick PLUS a Russian Jumbo, all due to leave between 11:30 AM and 12 midday so it's planned chaos !!!
What has happened yesterday's 053 Thompson flight back from Goa (Sun 10th Jan) ? Still showing on Gatwick site, but no info. Showed as cancelled for a short time yesterday. EDIT Just looked elsewhere...OK
Had an email today, urgent your flight details have changed please contact us...... :duh

Phoned and the flight Mumbai to Heathrow (Kingfisher) leaves earlier 12:25 instead of 13:45 (which cuts down our time at Mumbai :) )

BUT we only arrive 5 mins earlier 17:50 instead of 17:55 :que

Work that one out
Has anyone used Spice Jet recently? I am looking to book an internal flight from Mumbai to Goa and return and they seem the most competitive price wise.
Ive read some older reports on them and they seem ok. Was just wondering if anyone has used them recently. Thanks.
Flew Dabolim to Jaipur Via Ahemdabad in January 2010 with Spicejet.
It was a good flight at a reasonable price

Also flew Indigo from Dehli back to Goa a few days later and it was also a good flight

GM06
Ian
Can anyone help me please?
We are trying to book internal flights from Mumbai to Goa and return.
When we try and book with Kingfisher we keep getting message saying "Transaction failed, please try later". We've checked with the bank and they say everything is ok at this end :que I phoned Kingfisher and the guy was willing to book it for me over the phone but the price was more expensive than online :duh. I explained about the online scenario and he said maybe the site was "under reconstruction", but he couldnt really answer my query or solve the problem.

I also tried booking with Spice Jet, this transaction was going thru no problem BUT we had to enter our address details and it kept defaulting back to our post code saying "please enter valid zip code" :duh but we input country of residence as UK and added our home postcode but Spice Jet web site doesnt seem to like this.

Can anyone offer any advise, please.
Gemma did you use your debit card or visa credit card? I boooked KF flights last week and same thing happened when i tried to use my N/W debit/visa card ..it appears they only accept Indian DEBIT cards and you have to use a (brand name) credit card to book.. maybe try that but of course it then adds to the transaction costs :que I did it using my barclay card in the end!
Chilly
We tried using a Barclaycard Chilly :que
We thought there might be a problem with a debit card if it wasnt Indian, thats why we used a Barclaycard instead.
Will try again :think
Thanks for your help :)
I remember someone posting about problems and credit cards need to registered in the card secure scheme link below:-

CLICKY

Mids
I had problems with Jet the first time I tried to book. When I phoned Lloyds they said they deny transactions to India unless they know they are about to happen. A second attempt was successful. Barclaycard haven't been very helpful to you Gemma.
We are trying to use a Barclaycard issued by Clydesdale Bank.
When we were trying to book it took us thru the Mastercard Secure Link (which we have already registered for anyway) and everything seemed to go thru ok and then at the very end we got a message saying the transaction had failed and would we please try later :duh
OH is phoning the bank just now just to make them aware (again!) that we are booking a flight thru an Indian company and then we will try again.
Thanks for all your help. Will keep you posted :tup
Gemma,
I had problems using Mastercard to book Jet flights. I also had registered through the Mastercard secure site. I tried both my cards and neither went through. Their f raud dept rang me to say they had put a stop on my cards. Even though I confirmed that the transactions were genuine, Virgin cancelled my card and issued a new one in about 7 days (very inconvenient) My other one (Lloyds TSB) wasn't cancelled but they did put a stop on it for all transactions until I had spoken to them. I used my hubby's Visa card with no problems. I hope you get sorted.
Gail
Thanks for your reply Gail and what a nightmare for you! :duh
We rang the bank the next day and explained we were trying to book some flights thru an Indian Web site and then we tried again and the booking went thru ok :tup So everything is sorted now :)
Gemma, glad you got your flights booked. Hope to meet up with you at the Carvery.
Gail
That would be smashing Gail, looking forward to it. We will be at the Carvery on 24th and 31st March :cheers
Just to let you all know one charter flight landed here yesterday all passengers where given the wrong forms to fill out,
when they got to passport control they all had to fill out the correct forms at the desk,
they where there for hours, so check you got the right forms from the aircrew.

happy flying
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.