Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
does sound really tight. Have you checked when the next Jet flight to Goa is? If its only a few hours then I wouldn't worry too much.
We flew into Mumbai from Bangkok with Jet.Our onward flight to Goa was at 1400 hours and we landed half an hour late at 1245.But,as we only had hand luggage we managed to get from the International teminal to the domestic terminal and check in within 30 minutes.This must be a record.

John
I know I need to have at least three hours inbetween flights if I fly into/out of Mumbai but can anyone tell me about Delhi please? Still not sure which way round I'm going to be doing this trip!
Hi Celcat

I would leave at least the 3 hours for Delhi. Weve only done the transfer by bus between the terminals and it took us at least 1.15 from getting on to getting off our bus was half full as well when we got on so it could have been standing for a while they are supposed to go every 30 mins. We were on the return leg and didnt have to collect our luggage but if your on the way in your going to probably have to collect it which is obviously going to put more time on.

Regards

Julie
We are flying to Mumbai in Nov with Finnair from Manchester via Helsinki then on to Goa with Kingfisher. On our return journey we leave Goa at 6.30 for
Mumbai, arrive 7.25 to leave Mumbai at 9.15 with Finnair for Helsinki then on to Manchester. Will we make the connection? Has anyone flown with
Finnair?
I would say the connection is a bit tight. Is this booked as a through ticket?
Welcome to the forum by the way!
For queries specifically about Finnair best to ask in this thread
We flew with Finnair twice this last season.
I think you may be cutting it fine with your connecting flight from Mumbai as you will have to collect your luggage at Mumbai and then transfer to the international terminal and then check in for the Finnair flight.
The aeroplanes Finnair use are quite dated and have limited inflight entertainment, with overhead tv screens. The food was average and spirits weren't complimentary, just wine and beer. The flight attendants were very attentive and the seats were comfortable with reasonable leg room. All our flights departed on time.
One more thing to watch for is that we booked our flights in June and in August Finnair changed the departure dates which caused us a few problems as we had already booked our flights from Mumbai to Goa and back and we were not able to change these flights so we had to spend 2 days in Mumbai on both legs of the journey.
I would say that you need a minimum of two hours at Mumbai, but three would be better. I think this is just too tight, and you may regret it.
Just booked with Southall Travel for next January 2010. :cheers

We got Edinburgh - London - Mumbai - Goa for £579 each for 4 weeks. :tup

The bit from London to Mumbai then on to Goa is with Jet Airways, but we only have 1hr 35min in Mumbai to change flights.
We've never done it this way and wonder if this is enough time.
Do we have to collect our luggage in Mumbai and clear customs or does it go straight through to Goa?
We have done it for the last three years with JET, think we usually have about 2hours, we get the overnight flight from Heathrow then one about 14.00 from Mumbia to Goa, we have not had any problems in the past and are doing the same this year. At Heathrow you get your boarding card for Mumbai/Goa as well as the one to Mumbai, on landing in Mumbai, go through immigration, collect your cases, through customs, hand in the declaration, just follow on and you will come to another JET desk, check in luggage, out of door onto a bus, across airport and into the back door of the internal airport, as you have your boarding card you dont have to queue at the check in desks so can go straight through security
Coming back dont see your bags from Goa to Heathrow
As you are Jet right through you will not have a problem, definitely. If any delays occur, its up to them to sort it, If you had two different carriers, then it would be very tight.
Love your gollywog. Kingfisher is a great flight, do not see your baggage after leaving LHR and arriving in Goa.
Thats a bonus!
I guess thats because at Bangalore you can be contained in the airport, so dont do Customs and immigration, whereas Bombay you have to go off to a different terminal so "entering India" formalities have to be carried out?
Max13biker

If you have any duty free spirits make sure you put it in the bags you check in when you clear immigration at Mumbia before they scan it and send the bags to the domestic terminal, you cant take liquids through the domestic checkin security
I've just booked kingfisher through Southall and the ticket shows as flying into T2 of Bombay International from London, then from T1 Bombay Int to Goa? Do they not use the domestic airport?
Hi

Can anyone recommend the best domestic flights from Mumbai to Goa return? In particular, for the most baggage?

Thanks
Lucy
In recent years we have found that the major internal carriers will honour the baggage allowance that you were entitled to on your international flight. Simply showing them proof of your international travel should ensure that you get the same allowance and that you are not charged for excess baggage. This assumes that you are not flying on one of the tiny ATR's which are incapable of carrying lots of baggage, but I don't think any of the big boys are using them on the Bombay-Goa route, although Kingfisher are on the Bangalore-Goa route. As far as I am aware they still honour the international allowance, but send part of your allowance on a later flight if necessary.
With the way the cost of internal flights has gone through the roof in recent years (ten times what they were 4-5 years ago!) there is not a lot to choose between them on cost grounds now, most of the fare is taxes and surcharges, so one that flies at the best connecting time will do.
Both Jet and Kingfisher will take you right through from the UK, and this of course guarantees that there will be no problems with luggage allowance!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.