Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
What kind of dates are you looking for and are you looking at a two week flight? Is it in the main six weeks of the school summer holidays or are you trying all different dates? Perhaps that might be making a difference.

I'm considering all sorts of different options for next years hols. We have so far not been on a DIY. It will be just my luck for the airline carriers to have wised up to the DIY end of the market and hiked up the prices.
Mainly I have been looking for 1 week flights just outside the school holidays.

..I'm used to paying around £180 ish p.p. to european/n.african destinations (although our flight to Orlando was cheaper than this with TCD) - now flights are well over £230 and nearer £300 in some cases :cry:
Goodness. That seems a huge hike in prices. I just had a thought that it might not only be flight prices, package holidays may all have gone up in price as well for 2007. :( I think the main summer sun brochures are out at the end of April so it will be interesting to see.

In a way the cost of a flight for a one week holiday seems even worse value than for a two week holiday, (the same problem as a package holiday really).

Perhaps someone will come on with some good flight deals for you. :D
Maybe schedule flights would be cheaper but you can't book these more than 1 year in advance.
try http://www.skyscanner.com that does some good searches as well on flight prices,but increasingly the best deals are found on the airlines own websites,but you have to watch them almost daily because they see saw .Keep an eye on BA they go up and down daily but often have very good deals from all over the Uk depending on where you want to go to of course.
flights this year do seem to be coming up a bit higher than last year at the moment im finding around 10-20 quid more on alot of european destinations or is it just me?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.