Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
If you are traveling from the UK it will be a night in a hotel at the start not at the end, too risky to fly TA same day as a cruise.

As for the price we would look to pay less than £1kpp for 2 on a 14n caribbean out of florida early Dec, add some for the balcony cabin grade and expect 3-4 pax sharing to be a lot less, this is with flights.

For Xmas and NYear and ex NY NYork there will be a big premium

The price is about right for RCIs current pricing you will get about 10% off the website price

US prices are similar so not much in it.

Both based on 4pax in D1.

Bottom line is this is premium cruise time so premium price.
We have cruised RCI a few times and can recommend, especially if children with you, to give some sort of comparison on prices we did 13 nights over Christmas & New Year 2007 with Celebrity, the cost was £1750 per pax for an outside D/L cat 4 cabin including flights with Delta to San Juan via Atlanta, & 1 night pre cruise stay in the Radisson. We even got lucky and were upgraded to a concierge class balcony cabin.
Dont forget if cruising from New York the first & last few days are going to be cold sea days whilst you sail down to the caribbean. Think about joining a cruise in Barbados or San Juan as we did, lots more time in the sun.
Christmas & new year is a wonderful time to be in the caribbean & seeing christmas trees and blow up Santas everywhere seems really funny in hot sunny weather,

hope this helps
Hi thanks for coming back to me!
We have blown the budget on this one & gone ahead & booked now! :cheers
For space with there being 4 of us in the cabin, we went for a junior suite & upgrade the flights and also since we are flying out of New York decided to extend our stay & stay for an extra 5 days in New York! So a big treat for us - but the budget has well & truly gone out of the window! :yikes
We are all really looking froward to our holiday now & I am just trying to book some transport & accomodation for our time in New York and trying to plan some sort of itinerary so we can fit in all the must sees! Anybody with any tips would be grateful to hear them - especially New York with young children!
Price we got in the end was just over £8.5k incl upgrade on our flights. Too worried to ask now if that is a good deal!!! :think
Loads of info on New York in our City Breaks and America forums.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.