Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I've recently booked return flights from Manchester to Prague with Jet 2 and opted for online check in. First time I've ever done this but it was the cheaper option! We've got hand luggage only so no bags to check in. When I check in on line will we be allocated seats at this stage? If not when do we get our seat allocation? If seats are allocated at time of online check in how can I ensure these seats will be together? Is there more chance of getting seats together the earlier I check in online?

Also when we get to the airport do we bypass the check in desks completely and go straight through passport control etc to the departure lounge?

Sorry for all the questions but not done this before and website isn't very clear!
steve-mcr,

You can select your seats once you've booked (at a charge) or if you choose not to, they'll be allocated when you check-in online. If you choose to change them, youll be charged for selecting your seats. The system will allocate seats together for those on the same booking reference. The earlier you check-in, the more chance you have of getting seats together. If you check-in the day before the flight for example and lots of others have already checked in, you'll get whatever seats are left. If you don't have baggage to check-in, once you have your boarding cards printed (from home), you don't need to visit check-in desks, you can go straight through to the departure lounge. That's the beauty of online check-in and hand luggage only.

Darren
Cheers Darren, that reply makes everything much clearer.
Hi.
I'm travelling with Jet2 out of EMA to Sharm on 19th February at 9am. Does anyone know what time check in is likely to open please as I usually arrange taxi for 3 hour check in and book the exec lounge (an absolute must as its half term week).

Also what sort of plane it is likely to be and will there be any inflight entertainment?

Many thanks, Regards Caro
Caro,

Please quote flight numbers when requesting aircraft information as there are often multiple flights. This ensures we get the correct information for you and saves us having to dig out the flight numbers. EMA-SSH-EMA (LS619/20) are operated by a Boeing 757-200. Jet2 don't offer IFE as a low cost airline. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Check-in will be open 3 hours (normally 4) before your departure time.

Darren
Jet2 suspends travel to Sharm el Sheikh and Hurghada

Jet2.com and Jet2holidays has suspended flights and holidays to Sharm el Sheikh and Hurghada from March 1.

The companies said the decision was due to the ongoing state of civil and political unrest in Egypt.

In a statement it added: "Whilst the Red Sea resorts are not currently affected, the safety and comfort of our customers is our number one priority, and as such we do not want them to face the stressful uncertainty of whether their holiday will go ahead as planned."

Jet2.com and Jet2holidays are contacting all affected passengers booked to travel to Egypt and said customers have said they are are relieved at the decision.

Customers will automatically receive a full refund for the cost of their flights or holiday, plus a discount off a new booking.

Jet2.com and Jet2holidays will replace the suspended Egypt programme with additional flights and holidays to Spain and Portugal adding 70,000 seats across a number of its bases.

With permission from Travelmole
I've decided to have an 'extra' holiday with my friend, and we have booked a break to Rome with Jet2 holidays. Never used them before and I find their help online isn't too informative!
If I check in online, if you still have luggage for the hold, do we still have to go to the check in desks?

Also, if you check in online is it still a minimum 2 hours to be at the airport before departure?
littlemissgreedy,

If you are taking hold luggage, you'll need to check that in once you're at the airport in a similar fashio to regular check-in. There is a desk assigned for baggage drop off. Whether this is a time saver or not depends on how many others are dropping bags off. It sometimes works out quicker, sometimes not. The big benefit of online check-in is when you're only taking hand luggage and you can just arrive at the airport and head straight for the departure lounge. If you are checking luggage in, you really need to allow a similar amount of time for check-in as you would normally in case the queue is long. With hand luggage only, you can arrive at the airport a little later as long as you allow enough time to get through security.

Darren
Thanks Darren, just re-read my post and meant to say check in online, not booking online!

So you can just check in at the airport as normal if you wish, in the past I have always had tickets sent in the post - very traditional, so a bit new to me doing it myself online etc.

Do Jet2 send anything out by post? Hotel details, transfer details?

I am such a novice at this :(
hello , what has happened to jet2 plus? i cant find an option to add it to the flight anywhere, i apologize if this has been answered before
Hi

First time on this site and looking for a bit of advice - I am about to book flights to Faro from newcastle with Jet2 and as I have never flown with them before I am unsure which are the best seats. I am not a great flyer and my husband always likes a lot of room. The seat plan shows 26 rows with the full back row taken, there are two seats left at the very front but they are on opposite sides and we want to sit together. I have noticed that row 14 (a&f) are extra leg room seats with the two seats next to them being emergency exit seat - What makes seats a&f differ from b,c,d & e. Also the row in front (Row 12) these are also emergency exit seats but on the plane a&f are unavailable, has somebody booked these seats or do they not exist.
Please help.

Thanks
M.x
tynetunnel,

Welcome onboard :tup
There aren't any 'best' seats. It all comes down to personal preference. Apart from extra legroom seating, all the seats are the same. It's a question of if you prefer to sit at the front, middle or back or an isle or window seat. The aircraft you are flying on is a Boeing 737-300. You'll find lots of aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Row 14 A/F don't have a seat in front of them hence offer greater room than the regular exit seats. There are only seats on row 12 B/C and D/F. There isn't a row 13 as it's unlucky!

Darren
14 A and F are "window" seats but in this case the windows will be the escape panels. The people who sit in those seats will have to be fit and able adults to operate the emergency release and remove the panels. 12A and F don't exist because they will have left working space to get the panel out. Emergency row seats B - E are supposed to be occupied by people who can move quickly without assistance so as to not block the exit once the panel has been removed.

Row 1A-C is the main entrance - if you get one of these let everyone else get on first or they'll be trampling over your feet!

It has been noted elsewhere that certain less scruplulous airlines will sell escape row seats as extra legroom to people with stiff legs and dodgy hips who walk with sticks - how exactly they are supposed to lead the escape has never been explained!!
It has been noted elsewhere that certain less scruplulous airlines will sell escape row seats as extra legroom to people with stiff legs and dodgy hips who walk with sticks - how exactly they are supposed to lead the escape has never been explained!!

I've been on Jet2 flights where this has happened. The deal is that the cabin crew ask the disabled passengers to swap with able-bodied passengers for the take off and landing. Once airborne, they swap back. Seems to work, no-one complains.
Hi

Would you be able to tell me the aircraft for the following Jet2 flights please?

Date: 07-Aug-2011 06:55 From Manchester to Dubrovnik 11:00 Flight Number 961
Date: 21-Aug-2011 11:40 From Dubrovnik to Manchester 13:55 Flight Number 962

Thanks in advance.
Donna x
Hi

We're flying with Jet2 from EMA to Alicante in August and want to prebook our seats.

Does anyone know which rows to avoid so that we will not be viewing the 'wings' out of the window please?

Many Thanks

Elaine
Hi Elaine,

I would say anything in the front or rear cabin. That will be rows 1-10 or 31-40. Some of the other rows in the middle (11-15 and 25-30) may be ok too, but if you want to be safe I'd go with the 1-10 and 31-40, which are a fair way in front of/behind the wing.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.