Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
fairypants,

I believe a 763 was sourced, but following inspection, it wasn't in good shape so they decided against it plus it coincided with a drop in overall air travel. I'm sure they'll look at it again in the near future. Photo's from my trip to DR are linked below, on Airliners.net.

Darren
Hi, I am thinking about booking the extra legroom seats on the Man to Larnaca flight (LS943/944). On the seatplan on jet2 website it appears these seats are located on the first 12 rows. Can anyone tell me if these seats have the seat back tables or do they have the tables that store in the arm rests. The reason I ask is I have sat on the extra legroom seats at the emergency exits which have the tables stored in the arm rests and seats are alot narrower. Also can you tell me which plane services this route so I can look at seat plans to pick the best seats. Thanks
fran
I'm pretty sure they are 757's. If so we flew to Lanzarote with extra legroom at the front of the cabin (about 7/8 rows I think) and the tables were seat back.
That's great news will select my seats and get booked before the price goes up :). If it is the 757 does that mean u enter than after row 10 and turn left into the front section for the extra legroom? Is it sectioned off? If it is would Row 10 may be good if it's back row as nobody behind u?
Fran24,

Welcome onboard :tup
The extra legroom seating at the front of the 757-200's are standard seats, just with extra seat pitch. You'll normally embark through the L2 door then turn left in to the front cabin that is seperated with a bulkhead. Seating is personal preference and they don't have recline.

Darren
All Jet2 aircraft that have the new seating style, please note: the seats do not recline. They are on all 757's but i'm not sure if they have done the same with all the 737's. They also have shorter arm rests so gives the feeling of a bit more width on the seat. If i remember correctly row 1 and some of row 2 use tables which slot into the armrest (no less room than the other seats - although you do get stuck with it. if you wont be using it again the crew will be happy to place it back in the overhead locker for you) also exit seats at doors 2 and doors 3.

Although they do not recline, they are still comfortable, and due to the design they offer slightly more leg room than some other carriers. they do not have proper pockets at the back of the seat though, its more like a magazine rack for safety card and inflight magazine. so if you need to keep sweets or kiddie stuff with you then bring a small bag to fit under the seat.

hope this helps!
Thanks everyone for ur updates. Thanks for update re rows 1 and 2 will avoid them now as don't want to be stuck with a table on my lap all flight. I am excited now as with the refurb they do sound nice. The only time I have flown Jet2 before is when they rescused me when Excel went under. I think I am going to go mad and order the extra legroom, IFE and food. I have heard good things about all so will be a nice treat :)
I think its worth the extra legroom rows 1-12 on the 757, it really does make a difference! especially if the flight is full. When I was there IFE was £10 per unit and had loads of choice, I believe you can pre-order now and enter the chance to win an iPad2 or something? The food on-board is good (well, for airline food!) but please bear in mind, that they dont carry enough sandwiches for everyone as there's simply not the room in the galley. I know this sounds like nothing to worry about, but having faced passengers that arent happy that there is no food left, i'd always say bring your own! Being at the front on back of the plane works in your favor for being served faster but its all subject to stock. So I'd bring snacks with you to be on the safe side - especially returning as they do not restock down in larnaca.

dont forget they dont sell duty free on this flight, so if you need fags and booze its at the airport. tax free goods are available though (perfumes etc and do some really good deals!) hope this helps!

claire
fairypants,

A photo for you;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Dazbo5/G-LSAM-600.jpg

It's a rather striking livery and one of the better ones in the skies at the moment (hybrid Allegiant / Jet2)

:cheers :sun2

Darren
thanks darren!

i do prefer the normal livery... but as far as airlines go at the moment, its certainly different!
is it not concerning that the wheel bays are open and no wheels extended!?
haha its a pretty plane all the same!

i think a trip to leeds or manchester is on the cards to see if i can spot this one. im guessing its leeds based.

claire
fairypants wrote:
is it not concerning that the wheel bays are open and no wheels extended!?

Not really, that photo was taken as G-LSAM was climbing out from runway 05L at Manchester so the landing gear was being retracted at the time. The gear doors were just starting to close so she'd have been in a clean configuration a matter of seconds later.

Darren
thought that must have been the case...!

claire
Looking at booking with Jet2.com in the next day or so.
Want to book allocated seats - stupid question do we get actual seat numbers or as a family of 3 will we be given confirmation that we have 3 seats together?
Also regarding entertainment does anyone know whether the hand held device has a dual ear piece?
Never flown Jet 2 before so a new experience for us.
Thanks in advance.
Irene
Irene,

It's up to you with seating really. When you go through the booking process, you can either accept the seating given (normally all together but not confirmed until you check-in) or select your own at extra cost. Head phones will have two earpieces, but may be the overhead variety. If you are thinking of sharing it, you can always take your own and plug them in as they are based on a PSP.

Darren
Thanks Darren
We like to have confirmed seat numbers and always pay extra for these.
Irene
Irene,

In that case, you can choose and confirm them when you book your flights.

Darren
Darren
Just a thought - the website says £5.99 pp ew for allocated seats.
If we choose our own seats numbers (subject to availability) I presume we pay a bit more?
Irene
Irene,

Jet2 allocate every passeger a seat. If you let Jet2 allocate them for you, there's no charge. If you choose your seat, ie select your seat number, that's where the charges apply. You don't pay twice.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.