Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Just flown from TFS to LBA on a Jet2 flight, we were informed that "our opinions mattered" and a survey form would be handed out, when this happened only the first 2 rows got one and probably a few more further back, is it common practice to only give these forms to certain people?.
I am sure last year I saw jet 2 had an offer on something like lounge extra leg room check in etc for 25.00 was this an offer all the time or just last year thanks
They used to have Jet2 Plus we used it in March but I haven't seen in on the website recently.
It was lounge, meals and priority boarding if I remember rightly.
Usually (In my experience) the prices seem to go up. I booked for ibiza in January (for sep) £125- the price has since nearly trebled.

Also booked for corfu next July (7 weeks ago)- that has since gone up!

Belly
hiya, we are going to egypt on thursday flying jet2, we have checked in online, booked our seats and we have booked inflight meals, has anyone ever had jet2 inflight meals and what are they like.
We had Jet2 meals in March. They were some of the best we've had on an airplane. Don't know whether we were just lucky, or if it is the norm. There was certainly no complaints from us.
Flew with jet2 Sat 25th Sep and returned yesterday, our first time with Jet2.
Our outbound flight NCL - LPA was delayed and was not carried by Jet2 but was carried by Mint Airways. We had only 2 jet2 staff onboard and a Spanish crew. We boarded well after our revised departure time and were told whilst seated that we could not take off for another hour eventually departing nearly 3 hours late.
The plane was old and quite tatty - akin to flying the 1980's but comfortable. The 2 crew took 2 hours to serve 1 round of drinks, there was no duty free service offered and we received our food 45 mins before we landed in Las Palmas. The meal was superb for plane food, the best I have had, but we weren't offered a drink with it. All in all a disappointing experience and no explanation offered by either crew.
Our return flight yesterday was a great experience, we did not opt for food but were gutted when everyone who did were offered hot chocolate, tea and coffee! We feel a bit cheated by our Mint experience.
Can anyone tell me which jet2 services offer thee handheld IFE for hire?

I'm flying ncl-lpa which I think is a 757
JKKne,

Your flight, being one of their longer routes, should have them for hire.

Darren
Thanks Dazbo, can you confirm whether or not LS541 NCL-LPA is a 757, the Newcastle Airport website has changed its timetable on the website from a nice layout with aircraft types to a tick box affair with no details :duh

thanks
JKKne,

When are you travelling? LS541/2 are currently operated by Boeing 757-200.

Darren
Oops forgot to mention that!

23 Oct outbound and then 30th inbound

Jet2 did change my flight because the return is operated by the winter timetable but I never considered the aircraft type changing, not fancying 4.5hours on a 737 if it does!
JKKne,

752's in that case. Have a great holiday :cheers :sun2

Darren
Have booked package holiday with James Villas, flying with Jet2. Just been reading about paying check-in fees. We have prebooked our seats directly with Jet2 but know nothing about these check-in charges (there is certainly nothing mentioned in paperwork I have received). I am hoping that as we booked the package with James Villas these wont apply to us. Would be glad if someone could confirm.
Also we are flying to Faro from Manchester on Saturday and just wondering if anyone knows if the problems in France are likely to cause any disruption to flight timetables over the weekend?
Many thanks.
Caroline
If your flights are tied into a package then you would have already paid them, the check in fees are payable on booking.
Thank you SandC that's what we had hoped.
Caroline
Does anyone know of any promotion codes for jet2 flights. I should have booked a few weeks ago because they have gone up again. I was going to wait until christmas but dare not risk it now. The seem to be a lot more expensive than last year. :(
Hi ,I am hoping some one can help me I have booked for the first time with Jet 2 and opted for online checkin.I am a wheelchair user and when I go with Thomson at the checkin they put a label on my wheelchair and give me a document to take to the disabled desk to book the ambilift and to be told which boarding gate they will board me from.With booking online checkin with Jet2 I will only have to go to the luggage drop and I dont know how they go about putting a label on my wheelchair or give me the document for the disabled desk.I put on the booking form about the wheelchair and that I couldn't climb steps.I dont fly till April so I cant do online check in yet so I dont know if anything is said about all this when I have checked in online.If anyone put my mind at rest about this I would be very grateful.
Thanks Serena
Serena,

You should be able to arrange this online. Go in to your booking, and look for the wheelchair requirement box. If you can't find it, you can call Jet2 to arrange your needs; +44 (0)203 031 8103. Further details are on Jet2's website under Mobility Assistance (scroll down the page).

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.