Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Nics1979,
It says on the JET2 site that it is due to a technical fault.
Linsi
Yeah I saw that thanks Linsi, It racked up a total delay of 26 hours! Ouch. I'd be gutted to loose that much of my holiday :(
I have been so lucky and not had a single delay since 2000, I'm not sure how I'd cope lol!!

I do hope they sort their technical issues out in time for my flight ;)
Nics1979,
Fingers crossed, French air traffic controllers disputing, Italians ATC disputing and now technical issues.

I fly Friday from Leeds Bradford, watch this space.
Linsi
Hi Can anyone tell me which aircraft LS562/3 operate please.
Oops above, LS 561/2. Do they have any IFE?
Angela.
seedy2,

Channex-561/2 (NCL-DLM-NCL) are operated by a Boeing 757-200. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Has anyone used Jet2 plus at Malaga airport? Me and a couple of friends are going to Fuengirola next week and got a good deal on Jet2 plus. The boarding cards make no mention of Jet2 plus but I have my booking confirmation which does confirm it. Will this be sufficient for access to the lounge at Malaga?

Cheers,

Jim
Avance Pasenger information.I have seen other answers about Jet2 API,but do not understand the information on the website.It says that information can be supplied any time from booking up to five hours before departure.If I am checking in at the airport(Blackpool for Malaga) two hours before departure,how do I supply the infomation within this timeframe.I can see no reference to API on the Manage My Booking section of the website.
DavidF,

Welcome onboard :tup
API information will be collected when you check-in at the airport.

Darren
Hi

I have gone to book a flight from Dalaman to Manchester via Jet2 and for one person was quoted 119 euro (for 6 Sept 2010). Yet if I wanted to place a booking for 2 people, the cost per person changes to 131 Euro instead of 119 Euro!

This is without any additional costs for any extras (seat allocations, baggage etc). Before I make a booking, can anyone explain to me why this is the case?

Is it also possible to book one person at 119 Euro and pay the extra for an allocated seat AND then after a short time make another booking for one person (at 119 Euro) and then pay extra for an allocated seat which is next to the seat previously booked?

For clarity, if I chose the option of booking two seats together (at 131 Euro) I was then going to pay extra for seats next to each other anyway. (I am presuming just booking without doing this does not guarantee seats next to each other).

Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Anthony
Hi
I have no idea why the price is changing.
As far as I can see there is nothing stopping you from making two seperate bookings as long as each one is in the relevant persons name. Obviously your seat choice will be dependant on no-one choosing the adjacent seat to the one already selected. Without selecting your seats there is no guarantee where you will be sat.
anthonyf218,

Welcome onboard :tup
The algorithms used to price aircraft seating is complex. I suspect it'll be due to something like there's one seat remaining at that price, and the next seat is more expensive. Therefore a single seat is one price, two seats are the other price. It's based on a demand system so two seats are greater demand and therefore a little more expensive. You can by all means book two single flights. But in order to sit together, you'll then have to pay for selected seating so it may not actually work out much cheaper.

Darren
Thanks for your responses and welcomes, guys.

Darren - if i purchased the two seats together within one purchase, does it still guarantee me two seats next to each other (albeit actually picking where those seats are would be the extra 24 Euro)?

As said, its probably a risk to book two separate 'single' fares and hope I can book two seats next to each other, but given the effort to complicate and hide extras that airlines are generally going to, and even though its only a few pounds difference, it makes me more determined to 'give as good as you get' kind of thing!

Thanks again for your responses, Anthony :)
anthonyf218,

It won't guarantee seating together, however in my experience seating is usually allocated together providing you are under the same booking reference.

Darren
Hi

I've just checked in online for my mum (the first time I've checked in online with Jet2) and printed the boarding passes, unfortunately they printed black and white. I'm not sure whether this is a fault with my mum's printer or whether they always print like this. Are black and white boarding passes acceptable? Does anybody know?

Hope they are cos they go on Sunday!

Thanks
tippi,

It doesn't make any difference if it's printed in colour or black and white. They're designed that was as not everyone has a colour printer. As long as the bar code section is printed and the text readable, that's all that matters.

Darren
Hi im flying with jet2 on sunday when i booked i selected online check in as im almost sure the airport check in was more expensive.
Just sat down now to check in and becuase i have an infant i cant check in online it says to check in at the airport................does this mean they are going to charge me extra for airport check in?
Also on the return im assuming again i just check in at arrecife airport?

Also one more Q do they have luggage labels in the airport? im flying from LBA.

Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.