Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
off topic in reply to an earlier post.

the 767's are on hold for a couple of years, the company's financial advisor has predicted a double did in recession. better safe than sorry i suppose! hope this changes as i'd love to work the 767! :)
Darren

Thanks for the speedy reply. I couldn't understand why it printed in black and white as I did a test print and the printer was working okay in colour. Anyway they've set off this morning and I haven't had a text to say they've had any problems.

Regards

Karen
I will be checking in on line in the next couple of days. Last year I paid extra and choose my seats this year I haven`t done this but when I check in will I be given any choice of seats or will it give me no choice.
Thanks in advance.
christine w,

When you check-in, you'll have your seats allocated for you. If you wish to changed them and choose your own, that's where additional charges come in.

Darren
I checked in on line a couple of weeks ago. The seats it allocated for us were not in a row of 3 they were 2 together and then the seat on the opposite aisle. I think this was a bit cheeky of Jet 2 because there were lots of full rows of 3 left. I did change the seats and paid £3.99 pp more but for peace of mind it`s worth it. The return journey we were given a row of 3 together.

I think next time I book with them I will pay for seats from the begining.
my wife & i have just returned from benidorm with jet2 ,on my original booking i booked a case for me & my wife, they were close to the weight limit by the time she had packed so i booked a additional case for the return journey for any odds & sods that we bought, we also took our hand luggage which were identical holdalls,on departure from blackpool we checked in & there was no problem with cases or holdalls, i bought a cheap case in benidorm for our prezzies etc @ off we went to the airport for our return journey.
the woman on the check in didnt look in a good mood & i commented to other passengers that she looked in a foul mood & hoped that i didnt get her but this wasnt to be, she called me foreward & when she saw 3 cases she said that i would have to pay for the 3rd, i argued that it was already paid for (which she didnt like) so she told me to put my 2 identical holdalls onto the belt, she said 1 was too long & i told her that they were identical but she wouldnt have it , i explained that it had dirty clothes inside & that they made the centre of the holdall bulge out slightly so when i knocked the ends in the bag was perfect but she wouldnt have any of it & told me to place it in the measuring rack so as the bulgy parts made it a bit tighter to drop into the rack ,she said it was too long & charged me 33 euros ,i asked another 2 jet2 employees to look & measure the bags but they declined as they did not want to go against their workmates decision so the holdall went into the cargo section, i also took note of cabin luggage coming thru & there was quite a few cases that were as long if not longer than my holdalls so what was a pleasant holiday was spoilt by a woman who had looked in the mirror when she got out of bed
This is the precise reason i dont feel too happy when i get a Woman Pilot! Lol !

Best Regards - Taggy
hi taggy, the annoying thing is that they sell you a cheap flight but then seem to go out of their way to screw you elsewhere.
cheers
Yep your right...but i suppose its the same with all these no frills airlines these days!

Best Regards - Taggy
I have booked 5 bags on Jet2, there are 6 of us travelling. Does the 6th person get any allowance (Can divide is stuff up into our bags, keeping them under the maximum 25kg limit) or is it just 22kg per paying bag customer????
steve1704,

Only those that have booked hold luggage allowance have an allocation. The 6th person will only have hand luggage. However, if you wanted to distribute the 6th persons luggage amongst the 5 that have an allowance, as long as weight limits aren't exceeded, that's fine.

Darren
Can anybody clarify if the benefits of jet2plus apply to the inbound flight as well as the outbound?

The jet2 website doesn't seem to specify

Hope somebody can help

Thanks
mak70,

If you've booked it on a return flight basis, then yes.

Darren
Hi All,

Wondering if someone can help me, I am in the process of pre-booking my seats with Jet2, we're flying to Sharm from Manchester on the 16th September.

First of all, I'm after wing views similar to this : farm4.static.flickr.com/3449/3922127753_a55ec46438_b.jpg (Appreciate this is of a 737 and Aircraft will be a 757 but want these views) and not a seat that is in the middle of two windows (I hope you know what I'm talking about :) )

Can anyone suggest seat numbers please? On Seat Plans it showed this seat plan for Jet 2 Aircraft : seatplans.com/files/Seat-Plans/Thomas-Cook-Airlines/THOMASCOOK_B752.jpg

Help is appreciated!

Thanks, Antony
Antony,

You want a row around 27/28 for that type of wing view.

Darren
Advice if poss!
having booked yesterday flights to spain from Manchester with Jet 2 I am confused....I selected check in online and paid for two bags (suitcases) costing £51.96 but looking at the printout it has charged me £16.00 check in fee.
Twice on the printout it says " As you have selected check in online etc...go to manage my booking....you can tell I an new to this should I have been charged this £16 or not.
Must admit I find Easyjet site easy...... I am not stupid and know these things add up but basic of £201 ending up at £375.
Can I have some advice cause this £16 will pay for our breakfast at the airport...cause Jet 2 aren't getting a penny more.

J
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.