Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
juby 5,

There should be a designated drop off desk but I wouldn't worry about checking in at Blackpool, it''ll be pretty quiet depending on the time of day your flight departs, ie anything other than an early morning departure when they may be two flights checking in! Blackpool has become a very quiet airport with only Jet2 operating any major schedule. The last time I flew out of BLK, there were 6 of us on the flight to the Isle of Man and I was the only person in the departure lounge other than staff for 20 minutes! You still need to be at the airport ideally 2 hours before the flight.

Darren
juby5,
Well done, i told you it was easy and you lucky thing flying from Blackpool :whoops off topic again, that is my favourite airport and like Darren said, it is so quiet, enjoy and have a lovely holiday.
Linsi
Have Jet2 got their 767 or has the idea been shelved?
stokesa,

Two aircraft (767's) were looked at but they didn't meet Jet2's requirements so it's been put on hold for the time being.

Darren
Thanks Darren, we fly to murcia at 7am on a sunday morning, so will still get there early for a bacon butty !! its been 2 years since we last flew from Blackpool ( my favourite and closest airport ) and it was nice and quiet then.

Linsi, yep, tackled it today, and like you said, very straightforward, seems like less faff at the airport,
cheers guys :tup
juby 5,

Both of the based 737-300's (G-CELJ/K) leave at 7am (LS735 to Murcia and LS753 to Faro) on a Sunday morning so it may be a little busier than normal. It'll be a mad dash to get everyone checked-in and away then quiet afterwards until the return flights come in after lunch. If you see a black car by the runway, I'll wave to you!

Darren
I'm flying to Alicante from Blackpool with Jet2 at 7am on Weds 1st September, do you know which plane this will be and will there be other flights due for take off at around that time? Many Thanks.

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy,

See my post to judy 5 above. There are two based aircraft at Blackpool; G-CELJ and G-CELK, both Boeing 737-300's. All flights are operated by one of those apart from odd occasions when an aircraft is subbed. Further aircraft details are available on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). As well as your flight to Alicante (LS739), the other aircraft is operating a flight to Malaga (LS761) departing at 0730. The Manx2 Isle of Man flight (NM103) isn't due out until 0810 so passenger may start to arrive as you depart.

Darren
Hey Darren, will give you a cheery wave ! We all appreciate the help you give on here, most appreciated, cheers buddy :tup
Thanks Darren!

Best Regards - Taggy

PS.....If i end up on the same plane i flew back from Alicante on last September, i hope to have better luck. We had to divert mid flight and land at Bordeaux, which isnt a Jet2 hub, because 2 of the onboard electrical systems went down, the plane couldn't be fixed that day, so they had to fly another plane and crew to us from Leeds/Bradford. We got back about midnight!
Hello,

I am flying from Newcastle to Las palmas on Sep 25th with Jet2 and am very worried about the quality of this flight after reading some more than questionable reviews online!
I do not expect luxury but I want the plane to be clean and comfortable(ish) esp for a journey to the Canaries and am nervous re the age of the aircraft and the noise emitted. Oooer.
Can anybody please help me? I just want a safe, reasonably comfy and clean flight to and from!
Hi Nics
We flew Jet2 to Lanzarote in March and then Faro in April and we had no complaints. The crew were very good, and the captain on both journeys, talked to the passengers on a few occasions.
The aircraft was clean and the cabin crew do ask you to pick up after yourself before you leave, as they clean the plane themselves.
The food was the best airline food we've had for a while. Beats Thomsons and Thos Cook in my opinion.
I am a nervous flyer but I would have no hesitation in flying with them again.
Thanks Sunaddict!

If it was a 1 or 2 hour flight I really wouldn't be bothered but nearly 5 hours in a substandard environment is a long time. We have not booked food this time, I suspect we will take something with us.
Phew, feel a bit better now :)
Nics
The flight really shouldn't be much longer than 4 hours and it soon passes. I took my ipod and a couple of magazines. It will be worth it when you get to Gran Canaria.
Nics1979,

Even though Jet2 are a low cost airline, their cabin envionment is no different than what the popular charter airlines or even some of the low cost schedule airlines offer. I certainly wouldn't describe it as substandared, far from it. Just take a book, couple of magazines, mp3 player or a media player, and your flight will soon pass. Even though Jet2's average fleet age is 22 years (20.7 years 737-300 / 20 years 757-200), their aircraft are clean, tidy and well maintained. Some might have slightly tatty interiors as they're well used, but that doesn't mean they aren't safe. Noise wise, the types are comparable to what many other airlines use. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Thanks for the info - my other half moans from boarding to disembarking the craft on Thomas Cook / Thompson flights so it is good to know this journey won't incur any further whinging! Smokers eh?
Have just looked at the seat reservations and its pretty full so will sort that tomorrow.
Roll on Sept!!
Oh this is all so new to me - online checkin lol!
Right, 28 days before we go I can check in online and choose seats and print boarding passes.
Thus 28 days before we return home I can do the same for the return journey.
If the above is correct then it is pointless pre selecting seats?? All we want is to be together, not fussed where.
Also this bag drop thing, do we just literally walk to the desk and hand over the bags?? Does Las Palmas have a clearly marked drop facility?
If we do the above how long before the flight do we need to be at either airport?? I know it is 2 hours for normal check in, if we pay for pre booked seats can we still check in the old fashioned way???
Lots of questions I know but I am so very confused!!!

Thanks in advance.
Nics1979,

Online check-in can make it easier, especially when you are travelling with hand luggage only so you can just go straight through to the departure lounge when you get to the airport. If you are taking luggage, you'll still need to check that in at the airport so it's not that much of a time saver. There'll be a designated baggage drop-off desk. You'll still need to be at the airport 2 hours before your scheduled departure. Just follow the onscreen instructions for online check-in and seating will be allocated automatically. If you're happy with the ones you're given, just continue and there'll be no charge. If you want to choose a specific seat, you'll be charged per seat selection. You then just complete the check-in and print your boarding card. Ensure you double check all the information before continuing. You can check-in for your inbound flight as long as it's within 28 days of the current date. Make sure you don't lose your printed boarding cards and don't tear the bottom off as that'll be done at the boarding gate. If you lose them, there'll be a charge to reprint them at the airport. API information will be taken when you check your bags in or at the boarding gate.

Darren
Thank you so much for the speedy response (again!), I think we may just do it the old fashioned way as we will be checking into the hold. I may just pre book seats online anyway as we ideally like an aisle and a middle and check in operators have always been reluctant to do this in the past for us.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.