Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Just check in for both and print boarding passes before you leave home.
Thanks Darren and Sunaddict for the speedy reply. (I hope I don't lose them) :D
hi cazB....do like I do when I need print tickets for ryanair or trains Ive booked on the net....print 2 lots...put one in hand luggage...and the other in your case....I put them in the zipper comp inside my case....tweetie
hi jet2 have released flights and holidays for 2013 not too cheap though maybe worth a look...cheers
HI

Just returned from my first flight with Jet2 in three years. With the negative press 'cheap' airlines have been getting I was a bit apprehensive but I had two lovely flights. Outbound flight was on time and inbound ten minutes early take off. Coming back I had outsized luggage that wouldn't fit in my suitcase (not heavy but bulky) - thought they may have charged excess baggage but they let me put it in the hold for no extra charge (I was still below the 22kg allowance - so this was only fair in a way but I have a feeling some other operators would not have been as lenient).

We didn't pre-book seats as we were three adults and could have coped sitting apart but were seated together both ways (inbound particularly pleased with the the seats allocated - just a few rows from the back with good views not obscured by the wings).

Food on board was expensive but expected that. Luckily because there was three of us - the 3 for £10 alcoholic drinks offer was welcome.

A couple of very small gripes. One being that so many people now travel with only hand luggage to save on baggage charges - the overhead lockers were almost full to capacity which meant a lot of jostling when boarding and landing.

Another being on the inbound flight we were told we were directed to gate B but on getting to passport control there were two areas for gate B (B1-11 and B11 upwards) we weren't sure what to go through and passport control couldn't confirm so we had to wait until the gate number was shown which didn't come up until less than 30 minutes before boarding. This didn't seem to be a Jet2 problem though as we were talking to Ryanair passengers who had the same problem. This really needs sorting out before the peak season as the last minute rush through passport control will surely cause delays.

Anyway all in all a thumbs up for Jet2 from me again.
I too like Jet2, never had any problems at all when we've flown with them :tup
My first time flying with JET 2. I have checked in online, printed off my boarding pass for out and in flights. Is that all I need to take to the check in desk to hand over our cases. I also assume that I can check in as late as 40 minutes before departure time, although I will probably still check in 2 hours before as normal
The bag drop closes 40 mins prior but to my mind that's far too late to leave it. There might be a queue there, or for security, or both, and you have to be at the gate 20 mins before scheduled departure time.
smc4761,

You'll need your boarding pass and passport, that's all. I would agree with Sunaddict, 40 minutes is far too late. I'd check-in (bags) at the usual time, 2 hours prior to departure in case of queues at the desks or security so there's no rush. If you were travelling with hand luggage only, then you can leave it a little later but you don't want to be leaving everything until the last minute and delaying or missing your flight.

Darren
Hiya,

Just booked to go to Disneyland Paris from LBA on 30th August LS315. I am thinking of booking seats as there are 5 of us going. I have just had a look at the seating plan and row 2 and row 4 is available and it shows row 3 is for wheelchairs. Just wondered if anyone had used these seats before and if they are an advantage or disadvantage?

Not flown with Jet2 before and not sure how the online check-in works when you haven't booked seats, is it worth booking them?

Kind regards,

Anne :)
If you check in online without choosing seats the system allocates seats for you. If you don't like them, and want to change, you will have to pay to swap.
paradiselover,

Seating is personal preference. Those seats don't have an advantage over others really.

Darren
Thanks Darren, Sunaddict,

I think I will book them and take a chance on row 4, at least there is no-one to put their seat back.

Many Thanks,

Anne :wave:
Dont worry about putting seats back they dont recline.
I will be checking in on line for my Jet2 flight on 23 July very shortly. I have booked a return flight with them but will only be able to check in for the outward flight as my return flight is not until 39 days after my departure date. I have booked online check in and know that when I check in for my outward flight, I will be able to print out my boarding pass.

I am not sure if I will be able to print out a boarding pass for the return journey (although I will be able to check in on line as I will have internet access) - what will happen then?

Jak xx
From Jet2 website

"If you forget to check-in on-line prior to your departure, are unable to print your boarding card or lose your boarding card prior to arrival at check in you will be charged an administration fee on checking-in at the airport currently 17.50GBP/22EUR/540CZK/90PLN/30CHF. If you experience problems printing your boarding card or checking-in on-line, then please contact our Call Centre."
Hi
Sorry to repeat questions about seat allocation but I just want to be sure before I book online.

If I start the online booking process and have not paid for seats, I am allocated seats as part of the online booking process. If I am allocated seats I don't like can I change them after I have finished online check in? Or is there an option to change/buy seats after they have allocated them?

Just thought I would like to see what they offer before I pay for them but didn't want to get stuck with seats I don't like.

Cheers
Teejayx,

Welcome onboard :tup
Once you've checked in, you can't change your seats. You need to accept the seats allocated at the time of checking-in, or change them at the time with the additional cost. Once you've progressed and checked-in, they can't be changed.

Darren
Thanks Darren,

That's great - just didn't want to start the online booking until I knew it allowed me to change seats (albeit at a cost) before the process was completed.

Cheers for the quick reply :-D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.