Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi and welcome to HT!

Is there an infant in your party? This is what the Jet2 website says

Can I check-in on-line if I am travelling with an infant?

if you are travelling with an infant then your party will have to check-in at the airport to ensure that your infant is seated in an appropriate seat. Please be advised that we do not apply the airport check-in charges for those travelling with infants. You are able to pre-select the seats of your choice when making the booking for the relevant charge. For the one person travelling with the infant the seat will be allocated free of charge.

http://www.jet2.com/Answers.aspx?Questions=4

You have to pay for check in whether it is online or at the airport. The charge for checking in at the airport is higher than online.

luci :wave
yes there's 2 babies and 1 child in our party. Thanks, was getting myself confused and hubby was panicking about the boarding pass.
If there are 2 infants they won't both be able to be seated in the same row of 3 seats as there is only one infant oxygen mask per 3 seats.

There is further information on travelling with children on the Jet2 website here:-

http://www.jet2.com/Answers.aspx?Questions=5

thanks Luci. My 3 grandchildren are in different rows with their parents.
After just double checking the dimensions of my hand luggage and jet2 restrictions I have noticed that my hand luggage is .5cm too long, do you think jet2 will allow this to go in the cabin or am I best finding a new case?
Hi and welcome to HT!

Is that 0.5cm too long including the wheels and handle as these must be included?

Where are you flying from/to?

We have only flown with Jet2 once and found them really good. It will be down to the individual airport check in whether they measure/weigh your hand luggage. One of our cabin cases is at the maximum Jet2 allows and we weren't asked to have it weighed or measured at GLA or ALC., but other airports may be more strict.

Hi can anyone tell me what kind of plane will be doing the route from Manchester to Ibiza the afternoon of 23 July?
Also, any advice on seats - I'm being allocated 2 seats on the very back row - thought they would be ok because at least no-one will be kicking the back of the seat but am worried if they are too near the toilets!
Any advice would be great.
Cheers,
TJ
Teejayx,

MAN-IBZ-MAN (assuming you mean flight LS169/170? - please quote flight numbers) are operated by Boeing 737-800. Seating is personal preference. All seats other than extra legroon offer the same basic facilities so its just where you prefer to sit, eg front middle or back, window isle or centre. The rear seats are fine but they are next to the toilets so you may be disturbed with the flushing and passengers in the isle. It's a relatively short flight though so not too much of a problem.

Darren
We've paid for selected seats but when trying to check in it states that as we have an infant we are allocated seating at the airport. Do we get to keep our selected seats (standard seats) and if not do we get a refund?
You have to check in at the airport so you are allocated seats suitable for an infant. If you selected a seat suitable for an infant in your original choice I would think you get to keep them, but not sure. If you didn't you would probably find that they change.
I wasn't given the option of infant friendly seats when I booked?
sueldoc,

You'll be allocated seats when you check-in at the airport. If you've already selected seats and they are on a suitable row for an infant, then you'll be able to keep them. If not, you'll be moved. The reason you're restricted is to ensure the row has an extra dropdown oxygen mask in case of cabin depressurisation.

Darren
sueldoc wrote:
I wasn't given the option of infant friendly seats when I booked?

They are shown on the seatplan with a 'baby' on them and the description says 'seats suitable for infants'.
We have booked a couple of seats on a Alicante to Manchester flight and prebooked seats in row 4 - not sure if they are any good, views would be most welcome.

However, on the seating plan it showed a row of 6 wheelchairs in front of this row (3 either side) - what does this really mean, is this row dedicated to those passengers who were in wheelchairs and how are they different to other seating or do they somehow 'lock down' actual wheelchairs ?

Chris
TFS1,

Row 4 is as good as any other. The row in front are designated medical seats, hence the symbol on the seating plan. They aren't for wheechair, just anyone who needs a medical seats.

Darren
Is there much difference in the legroom in the standard seats and the extra legroom seats. My OH has knee problems and when we travelled to Cyprus last year with Thomson all he did was moan about the lack of legroom. He spent as much time as possible with his legs stuck out in the aisle. Hoping to book Lanzarote this year and Jet2 are coming out cheapest when all extras are added.
we all talk of leg room, when in fact we should talk of seat pitch, the average budget airline has a seat pitch around 27" the min allowed under both caa and fca regulations is 24" [now that is tight and very few airlines go that low] most extra leg room seats are exit sets and therefore have another regulation to consider that is, occupants should be adults only [over 16 in the uk] and phisicaly fit [and not therefore overweight] and must be willing to assist in evacuation if needed [only twice have i been asked can i operate the emergency exit] these seats are usually around 30/33" seat pitch... Want more then fly scheduled airline and pay for business class [average 33"]

sorry its one of the classic " pay your money take your choice" scenarios want a cheap holiday then put up with being cramped , want space and pay a lot more for your flights

wizard
sheeshon,

It depends which row the extra legroom seats are on as to wheather there is a bulkhead infront, or they're on an exit row. Seats behind bulkheads offer extra legroom, but are still restricted by the bulkhead. Exit rows by a door offer quite a lot of legroom over standard seats. Those by overwing exits with a row in front are sort of in between. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). If you want more room, paying extra for extra legroom seating may be worth it for you.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.