Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi! I'm off to Cyprus again, this time with Jet2 (for the first time!) and am wondering where the best seats are as I can now check-in onto my flight - LS943 from Manchester to Larnaca on Oct 8th (returning on the 15th on flight LS944). There are two of us and I'm wondering whether to pay for extra-leg room or emergency seating or choose the standard seats - any recommendations please -?
The last time I posted on here, somebody was very helpful with their advice on where to choose great seats on a Monarch flight - here's hoping I get similar advice now,
Thanks!
Dolphin1790,
I have just had a look and there are still quite a lot of extra legroom seats available at a cost of £15.99 each. I always pay for extra legroom as the OH is very tall. We have booked Row 1 going out to Murcia and Row 6 coming back from Alicante in a couple of weeks time. I think Darren would be the one that could advise on the best seats but we have no probs with the ones we have chosen. (Always choose these).
As for JET2 I hope you enjoy flying with them as much as we do. We use them all the time and (touch wood) we have never had anything to complain about.
Hope this helps a little and enjoy your holiday. :sun2

Linsi
I've just checked in and printed my boarding cards. The barcode has only printed on one of them and I'm unable to reprint them, what should I do?

Thanks
Rob

Edit - ignore the above

I managed to reprint by going back to "Manage My Booking" and scrolling to "Your Flights" where there is a button to print boarding passes.
When you click on the button you must wait for the barcodes to display and this can take a few seconds, there is a horizontal code on the top half and a vertical code on the bottom half.
Google Chrome does not display the bottom code
Internet Explorer prints both codes but seems to be formatted to A5
Firefox prints correctly :)
Jet2 really need to provide better instructions on printing boarding passes.
No harm done this time tho!!

Cheers
Rob
When do the jet 2 flights for summer 2012 drop in price anyone know, looking at Aug 2012.
peye ren,

There isn't a particular time when they drop. Prices fluctuate subject to demand / suppy. Just keep checking until you see the flights you want at the price you're happy with. Then don't look again afterwards!

Darren
traveling manchester to salzburg on the 14th jan ls933 package holliday can u tell us what the aircraft is ?cheers
buster27,

MAN-SZG-MAN (LS933/4) are operated by a Boeing 737-300.

Darren
Hi. Flying to Tenerife from Manchester (Flight No LS917)on 10th March 2012. Cant work out aircraft from seating plan can you please advise.
Many thanks.
iankitch,

MAN-TFS-MAN (LS917/8) are operated by a Boeing 757-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Thinking about booking a few nights in Majorca next year. Should I book before Christmas or wait until the New Year and hope the price goes down :D :D
Hi booked a flight to belfast from leeds with jet 2.

Received an email a week later- to cut a long story short- they offered to re schedule the flights (For the same dates, but at completely different times)-or a full refund. Apparantly from what i can make out instead of 2 flights available daily- they are scrapping one of them- so only 1 flight is now available.

I chose to be re scheduled to the different times- my flight times coming back is now 20.45- I could have originally booked this flight for £19.99 per person, but wanted a nice day time flight 14.00 hrs so booked this flight.at a cost of £46 per person.

Should I be paid back the difference in price? I never really thought about this- until after I agreed to the flight time change.- and a new confirmation was issued.

Belly
I doubt it, but there is no harm in asking. It would have been better to have taken the refund and rebooked at the lower rate, but I understand that you were put on the spot and reacted before you had a chance to think of the options.

luci :wave
Thanks lucy

I have sent an email asking- can't do any harm!

I just wish I had cancelled- and rebooked - but the email did say it would take 14 days to refund- and to e totally honest, just after christmas, and not being paid until the end of the month- it would have been a very tight month indeed.

I will let you know if i receive a reply (Im not holding my breath!!)

Thanks

Belly
Hi everyone,

Flying for the first time with Jet2 from Glasgow to Alicante in May.
I'm travelling alone with 2 kids aged 10 and 6,should I pay for reserved seating or are they unlikely to seperate us?
I don't mind if I have to sit in front,behind or across the aisle were I can still see to them and look after them,I just don't want us seperated all over the aircraft.

Also,sorry if this should be in the Glasgow airport thread but does anyone know where the check in/bag drop off is for Jet2 at Glasgow,is it in the main Terminal or Terminal 2?

Thanks for any help you can give me :D
leanne1910,

Whether to pay for specific seats is up to you really. It's unlikely you'll be seperated with children of that age.

Darren
Leanne, the check in desks for Jet2 at GLA at in Terminal 2.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.