Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Kapparis
7 Posts
Thank you very much for the link,will be travelling on my own with my ten year old daughter so need to be fairly local to everyting.
Hi TKT,

You may not have come across Kapparis from Protaras unless you went out and about in a car or on the bus, you would hit Pernera first and then Kapparis which is further along the coast right next to Paralimni.

Kapparis as such isn't a holiday resort i.e. no holiday hotels or apartments to speak of, but LOTS of privately owned apartments especially British owned. There are bars and eateries and Paralimni (town) is on your doorstep as are some nice beaches (Firemans Beach as an example)

Personally if I was travelling alone with your child as you intend to I'd be more inclined to stay in Pernera or Protaras as these are tourist resorts, I suppose it depends on what you want out of your holiday ? If you've tried Protaras you would probably enjoy Pernera.......I know I prefer Pernera as it's smaller. Your actually quite close to Pernera and a taxi wouldn't cost much if you ran out of places to eat or faniced a change. I must point out we like Kapparis and have friends who live nearby and we always visit them and Kapparis for nights out when we visit.

A car might be a good idea or you'll rely on the local bus and/or taxis to get around, the bus is very good (although not always on time :rofl ) but it does run the length of the coastline so you could get into Pernera & Protaras.

Hopefully Glynis's link should give you a better idea of the place. There are also several memebers on the forum who know Kapparis very well, I'm sure they'll offer good advice.

Happy Hols ;)
Hi Miss Chief 1, thank you for being so kind in giving me all the information,We are only looking for a quiet beach holiday and our apartment is already booked and paid for so no chance of staying in another resort at this stage. We just need the sea sand and somewhere nice to eat. I may get brave and hire a car seing as I dont have to go round the roundabout the wrong way!!!
Your welcome TKT ;)

Take the plunge & hire a car.........just be over cautious of those crazy Cypriot drivers :really They're not that bad....well not all of them ! I think you'd benefit from a car as you'll be able to get out and about and explore the area and at least you'll have the transport to nip down the road to Pernera & Protaras.

Have a lovely time :tup
We walked it from Pernera to Kapparis and back .... took a good few hours and a lot of suncream !
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.