Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi shushu,

I have never seen evidence of this sort of behaviour, in fact the Bulgarian resorts have always appeared to be much safer for children than the UK and certainly parents need to keep a close eye on their children here just as much as they would in Bulgaria.

I certainly would not dismiss the possibility of a child being taken in any country but would not say that the risk is any higher in Bulgaria than anywhere else (including the UK).

The Roma (gypsies) tend to get a very 'bad press' in Bulgaria, often being blamed for all Bulgarian social problems, but purse snatching is more likely than child snatching.

Baldur
hi baldur
thankyou so much for that message can now rest a little easier and sleep alot better tonight :D any thoughts of canceling are now forgotten and looking forward to some much needed sunshine sand and shopskia salads :tup
I'm sure that you'll enjoy yourselves, have a great time.

Baldur
Hi Shushu,

but a friend of mine who,s been to bulgaria has told me to be very careful with the kids as the gypsys out there are not to be trusted at all and to be very careful as they have known to take kids whilst the parents are distracted

As a matter of interest I've met gypsies, been to one of their villages, and been received with the greatest hospitality.

I'd really like to know where such stories originate. I agree with Baldur, and would go further and say that such tales are most unlikely.

One thing for sure, the life expectancy of anyone who molested a child in any way in Bulgaria, would be very short!

Peter
hi peter of york
thanks for the reply its great that we can now stop worrying over this as i must say we were almost about to pull out of going to bulgaria in july. i hope you understand that we had to ask as with the children you cant take any chances but now from what i,ve just read its just happpppy days to follow :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.