Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
if you look at Crete for next year its a lot dearer than this year and so it is almost everywhere in the euro zone...

the main reasons ..
with amalgamations and the subsequent reduction in flight and the recent collapses of air lines is making flights more expensive

also with the mergers the number of pre booked hotel rooms have been reduced

with theses added together you have less flights and accommodation = less unsold holidays = higher prices its the old supply and demand problem

wiz
Kafelonia is gorgeous, i have just come back from skiathos and that cost me £1200 self catering and i booked it a year ago, when looking just before we went it had gone up £150. I am going to Santorini in June 2009, and thats costing £1306 self catering, i like to book and make sure i get the hotel i want.
Hi
Just to let you know I eventually booked to go to the San Lorenzo Village in Lassi next June, the price dropped by over £200 each with Thomson, and Thomson shop matched the internet price, So roll on next June :)
M
well done..
i keep looking for my early Greek holiday but where i want is still twice as expensive as last year, hoping cheaper flights may come available i can get my hotel booked elsewhere

yasus
wizard
i have stayed in the san lorenzo village, it is superb
Apart from the 'Hill' i think you will find the San Lorenzo Village hard to beat.
the hill is not too bad, and it is not as though as your up it all day
Hi
Thanks for your comments about the "hill", I had read about the hill on others reviews and most people seem to feel it was worth it for the excellent accommodation at San Lorenzo Village.
I have been to the Algarve and climbed many a hill to our apartments...all apartments in Albufeira seem to be uphill so I thought if I survived the hills there I would be okay at SLV.
I have seen a picture of the hill on this forum, and it doesnt look too bad... or am I kidding myself :think
M
Hi, dont worry about the hill, its nothing not very long i used to run up it in the middle of the day, its nowt
You will love the San Lorenzo Village. Went this year and have also booked for next year, also in June!
jallen wrote:

Hi, dont worry about the hill, its nothing not very long i used to run up it in the middle of the day, its nowt

No doubt i could have done the same 10 - 15 yrs ago but now i definately need a cold beer or three after climbing up there. :tongue
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.