Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
:D hiya holidayrich iv got a brilliant idea<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<!! i think you should dump your girlfreind and take me!!!!! alls i ever get for my birthday is a haynes car manual!!!!, and a electric drill!! maggieomx :bow
Haha :lol: Don't worry this is the last big thing i'm doing, after that she's getting a box of choclates and a bottle of wine for every birthday :D
Singapore and Bali? If you want a romantic setting( and I'm wondering here if you have another motive for the holiday- a proposal?? :D ) you can't beat Bali.
If you are thinking of Thialand I would suggest you try Hua Hin rather than Cha am. Look at the Sofitel or the Hyatt.
( totally not for this forum but Cape Town and Mauritius??)
When you say Bangkok, Maldives and Dubai I'm assuming you dont mean all three in one go!
No not a proposal, well thats not on my mind at the moment, i'll only be 23 so still to young for a proposal I think!!!

Thankyou for the the advice, and as for the Bangkok, Maldives and Dubai I was considering looking to do all three at the same time, I did see a package holiday for sri lanka, maldives and dubai it was very expensive, but in budget, but I was hoping to change Sri Lanka for Bangkok!!

As I said this is a very long time away, but I like to weigh my options up nice and early!!
Dubai. Bangkok and a Thai resort?
I kind of had my heart set on the maldives, cause it just looks so relaxing but a thai resort may tempt me?!

Also well i'm thinking about it my girlfriend loves the look of indonesian culture and she loves chinese food, I myself have been to Penang and singapore I love the culture over there, but the beaches aren't very good and she loves good beaches and clearer seas, just in case that helps!!
If you're looking at a Thai resort consider Phuket or Krabi, or even Khao Lak....should be OK weatherwise in early March and the beach's are some of the better ones in Thailand.
When you say the weather will be OK, what does that suggest?
Well I was there this March....wall to wall sunshine temperature in mid 30's seas calm and water clear.
Well that would suit me :D

I'm actually really liking the idea or Sri Lanka, Maldives and Dubai at the moment, anyone had expereince of these areas??
Well I've been to Sri Lanka but it was called Ceylon when I visited so my opinions may be a little out of date :)
:D i was in dubai last august for 2 weeks and the sea was hot!! and the sand was so white and bright it hurt your eyes, locals went to the beach at night we we,r the only ones on the beach!! derrrr!! if your girls into shopping all the good if not then i would pick maldives or thailand :D maggieomx

I'm actually really liking the idea or Sri Lanka, Maldives and Dubai at the moment, anyone had expereince of these areas??

You need to post in the Indian Ocean forum for the first two and the Africa/Middle East for Dubai. However, I can also move the entire thread to General Holiday Enquiries seeing as how you are covering several forums with one itinery! :D Just let me know if you would prefer this.
On second thoughts I'm not to sure I think I might find the maldives a bit too boring, 7 nights of complete relaxation sounds nice and all but i'm tempted to change it to somewhere like Koh Samui (is that spelt correctly?), is there more to do in Koh Samui? I would like a relaxing beach break but with the chance of venturing into a town or something!!
have a look at the Anantara. Its in my favourite place - Bophut, where there are some great restaurants and bars. It is close to Chaweng when you want more nightlife.
At the time of year you are thinking of going I would consider Phuket or Krabi...your budget should land you at a pretty upmarket hotel...you've also got the choice of boutique property or larger upscale resort. You also don't have to stay in one place you could try Phi-Phi for a few nights...or one of the other outlying islands...take a look at Koh Racha for example. You can have both relaxing and lively...Thailand is one of THE places for spa resorts. Far East holidays are just so flexible.
:wave Have been looking at the Houseboats in Kerala, Southern India.
Combined with a Tour might suit you.
Yours Aye,
Jopa.
Hi HolidayRich

Don't be dissuaded from the Maldives. The ultimate relaxing beach holiday. Yes, it is quiet but you can make up for that by your next choice. The Maldives are beautiful. The sand is blinding white, the sea is clean and warm and the sealife is fascinating. Snorkelling in the Maldives has been one of my lifetime memories. The islands are in danger if global warming continues, so don't delay.
If you choose Dubai as one of your destinations, you must go to Al Maha. We have just returned last week and it is the most surreal place on the planet. Check it out on their website although I must say the pictures don't do it justice. It is 45 minutes from the airport. It is in the desert and there are only 40 luxury bedouin suites. You have your own private infinity pool, huge area of wooden decking, 2 padded sunloungers and table and chair for private dining and all this surrounded by desert. The animals wander freely and the watering hole was just down from our suite. The suites ooze luxury with Bvlgari toiletries. Two activities are included each day and the staff treat you like royalty. If you want some privacy you can spend all day at your suite with room service and no-one to bother you if you wish. The views from your suite are amazing. It is the perfect place for a romantic holiday. It is simply stunning. And the food is to die for!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.