Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi OAP depends on what kind of food you all like. a lovely restaurant is After 7 (formerly After 8). They do a fabulous fillet steak! A meal for two (3 cpurses) with a couple of drinks is approximately £25 for both of you. That is expensive by Goan standards, but well worth the money. Staff are great, they have two great chefs and the restaurants is in a nice setting.
goa
sounds good to me Gemma, thanks
There are many great restaurants in goa OAP. I am sure other forum members will give you lots of other recommendations as well. It really depends on what kind of food/restaurant/atmosphere you are looking for. Any other questions please feel free to ask or PM me. Have a fantastic holiday :D
Having been to Goa several times - the best place I have ever eaten is Sublime Bar and Bistro, near the old Baga bridge, everything is superb - you will not be dissapointed - trust me.
Goanne
Would certainly agree with After 7 and there is also a restaurant in the same area called A Reverie that is very luxurious. It's next to Goan Heritage hotel on Holiday Street in Calangute. Prices are daft by Goan standards but for a one off splurge on a special occasion it's very good.

Wherever you go, I hope you have a special night!
Agree with several of the threads, Sublime is just that the ambience and food is wonderful and very different,
Au Reverie is also much the same
But OAP you don't say where you are located these are in Candolim/Calungute areas I would definately go for Sublime especially if you let them know it is an 'occassion' I'm sure they will spoil you
good luck
Lyn x
Dont forget that on another post somebody has said Sublime is not opening this year
goa
Thanks everybody for suggestions - we are staying at Phoenix Park in Candolim - I just hope Sublime is open it sounds like heaven. Thanks
oap. Where you are staying is very close to Fishermans Cove (down the beach road) the food is excellent, and the cost more than reasonable. We are going the 14th of Jan, after booking in at the hotel, its a quick shower and off to Fishermans Cove for the first Chicken Jalfreizi of the holiday, yummy yummy.
We are going in January and I will be celebrating a special birthday during our holiday. :yikes I like Fiestas, I think its very atmospheric and romantic so we might go there but there are so many great restaurants I might change my mind. Whatever we decide it will probably be followed by a late night at the Bharat bar! :D
casa portugesa in baga is a very nice goan restaurant - admittedly was around 8 years ago - still think it's still there. lovely ambience and hosts - a true goan restaurant.

misterc :)
Casa Portugese is still there, I found it about 4 years ago and keep going back for more! Gorgeous food (especially the fish stew, cant remember what its called) Its in a lovely garden setting with a romantic ambience, very peaceful, which is much appreciated after the expreince of baga!
The fishermans cove moved last year, and we did not enjoy the meal in the new setting. It used to be one of our favourite restaurants, but I believe that it is now a different chef, and was not up to the former standard. How about trying Casa Manalita, it has a limited menu but is very good and you can get a reasonable bottle of wine imported from Portugal. The fillet steak is wonderful.
I agree with Sandyboy the Fishermans Cove food was not as good as the year before, still good but not quite as good. Has the chef moved from Fishermans Cove to Cactus Shepherds Pie. Do you have to book at Casa Monalita? How would you compare it with After 7 or Mermaid or Sunset Bistro
The waiter from the old fishermans cover (Ram) has open up Cactus Shepherds Pie, think he has taken the chef with him. Its just up past the beach rd and the football ground. Went there many times last year, and never had a bad meal!
Where's the casa monalita,new one to me.
Casa Monalita is sort of behind Highland Beach and what was Dom Francisco!(renamed I believe?) It's a bit hidden but well worth looking for. I would suggest booking as they have limited covers, the setting is fantactic, like a private garden, the house is great, an old Portuguese house, the food is terrific but non of the spicy stuff!plus they have a good wine selection! Very suitable for a romantic meal!!!
Go along the road between Dona Alcina and Dom Francisco, it sort of wanders round a bit, but you can't really go wrong, especially if you have a torch with you. Different from After 7, much quieter and much smaller menu, but the food is wonderful. I always end up having the crab soup, followed by the fillet steak. My wife loves the desserts, but I can't remember what they are. Worth booking at busy times though as has already been mentioned.
goa
Looks like we're in for a busy 2 weeks trying all these restaurants. Is the Bharat bar near us in Candolim?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.