Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
As something special why not try the daytrip to Santorini?

I would suggest you check around for prices locally when you get to Malia. It would involved an early start but is a great day out visiting another Greek island.
will agree with the idea of santorini and will add here the needed info. its every monday, wen, fri from heraklion port with a normal boat and takes 5 hours to get there, about 5 more on the island (i suggest to take the archeological tour) and 5 back. price include breakfast and dinner.
Also there is the possibility of the fast boat which is a bit more expensive but trip lasts less. only difference in the two is the time on the boat.
will agree with the idea of santorini and will add here the needed info. its every monday, wen, fri from heraklion port with a normal boat and takes 5 hours to get there, about 5 more on the island (i suggest to take the archeological tour) and 5 back. price include breakfast and dinner.
Also there is the possibility of the fast boat which is a bit more expensive but trip lasts less. only difference in the two is the time on the boat, and that the fast one is almost everyday from what i heard
Thanks alot for the reviews. Just looked up on it and sounds great. Do u know the cost of it?

Nic :D
I would shop around for prices when you are there. The most expensive will probably be your holiday rep.
u should find the 'slow' boat trip at around 70-80 euro per person and the fast one at around 60-80 euro per person depending who sells it to you. i say around as i dont remember 100% but i dont think it will be much difference to what i mentioned
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.